Sunday, October 27, 2013

Creative Connectors Corp 29'Walornmantel Shelf 6700263 Shelving Decorative Wood

Creative Connectors Corp 29'Walornmantel Shelf 6700263 Shelving Decorative WoodI spent a total of 4 months looking for wall mantel shelf between 27 and 29 inches long. When this one finally appeared on Amazon, I was beside myself. It wasn't hardwood, but the specifications were promising. The price at which it was offered, was icing on the cake. The previously stated facts, are why I didn't rate this product a TWO. Here are some of the disappointments and therefore a rating of 3:

1)Package was beautifully wrapped. However, the edges of of the shelf were somewhat delicate. I actually damaged both short edges (slight cracking), trying to pull the wrap off.

2)This is a double layer shelf. The underbottom layer on one side of the shelf was pulling apart. There appeared to be no glue on one end of the shelf. However the opposite end was well connected and sealed.

Considering length of time to find the desired type shelf and I am somewhat of of DIYer, I decided to finish the glue job and paint the shelf to cover the cracking finish of the edges. It looks pretty darn good... now.

Pros:

1)The hanging process is exactly as stated and quite easy.

2)The shelf feels and displays as very sturdy and elegant.

3)Extremely strong against wall. Tight fit.

I would purchase this again, only considering my skill set, patience, and desire of specfications of product. However if you don't have time for extended DIY or other surprises, consider wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment