Sunday, November 3, 2013

Atlantic Mitsu 64835193 52 CD/36 DVD/BluRay/Games 2-Tier Media Rack Smoke

Atlantic Mitsu 64835193 52 CD/36 DVD/BluRay/Games 2-Tier Media Rack SmokeThis rack came in a small box with the parts needed for construction, no extra tools needed. The entire rack consists of plastic frame reinforced by metal bars for each shelf, making the entire thing seem somewhat weak or unstable looking. Comes with wall mounters which i didn't use, you'll have to consult with somebody else about those. But for the most part, the product is rather stable and my rack of ps2 games hasn't fallen down yet, which i say is a huge plus because it's a full 90 dvds. The shelves however themselves aren't shelves, it's just like, 2 bars pretty much, so they sometimes sit in the hole on the shelf layer rather than the shelf itself. I have not had any dvd topples or falls or real incidents with it so i say that's more or less a minor setback, but its still there.

At this point I am satisfied with this product; its compact, holds 90 dvds, cheap, and it works. May not be as nice as a real wooden media shelf, but hey, you get what you pay for.

Well it holds DVDs. Sometimes putting them on the shelf is annyoing, because the edge of the dvd may fall between the opening on each level (each "shelf" is comprised of a piece of plastic, a gap and a metal rod).

It was only $20 dollars or so, but it feels like something that should have cost $8 or $10 as I know you can find some made of particle board for about $30 that are much sturdier.

It is small though, and it fit perfectly where I needed it. It just feels a little cheap.

Buy Atlantic Mitsu 64835193 52 CD/36 DVD/BluRay/Games 2-Tier Media Rack Smoke Now

This DVD rack is sold by Atlantic, and made made by Mitsu, which is based out of India. I bought this rack because it was cheep and the reviews indicated it worked. I make my own furniture and I currently have many projects in the making. My wife asked for a DVD rack, which I do not have time to make right now, so we looked for something cheep that would keep the DVD's out of the floor temporarily. This rack worked just fine. I would like to address two issues I read in other reviews.

Assembly: It is much easier, when assembling anything to not tighten any screws, or bolts, until the entire project is put together. This allows for some moving room and it is easier to fix mistakes.

Tips/Falls easily: The first thing I noticed about this rack was that the base is the same width as the body of the rack. It stands to reason that once loaded with DVD s it is going to be top heavy, therefore it will fall over. It is designed to be screwed to the wall, but I wanted it to be free standing. I cut a plywood board two inches wider and two inches longer than the plastic rack. I carefully drilled holes in the plastic rack legs and I attached the rack to the plywood base. Now, the bottom base is wider, longer and heavier then the rack, so it stands up straight and it will not fall over even with the top loaded with DVD s. If you want to try this, be sure and pour water on the drill as you are drilling plastic. This keeps it from cracking. If you do not want to try drilling in plastic, you can strap it to a wood base board.

Read Best Reviews of Atlantic Mitsu 64835193 52 CD/36 DVD/BluRay/Games 2-Tier Media Rack Smoke Here

I bought this stand because of its smaller size to fit between a fireplace and a window and it works beautifully. The stand comes in a lot of pieces but goes together fast and easy. There are 2 wall braces that require being screwed into the wall. This makes it super sturdy.

Want Atlantic Mitsu 64835193 52 CD/36 DVD/BluRay/Games 2-Tier Media Rack Smoke Discount?

This is not what I had expected for approx $25. If this were a $10 shelf I would be satisfied with the purchase, but I believe we should have received better quality for this price.

The shelf has a good appearance, and that's about where the positives end. It is made of a real light plastic. It does not stand well on it's own and needs to be anchored to the wall (anchoring hardware is included). The assembly is easy enough (yes, every bit of it needs assembly). I will say it will hold the 90 DVDs it advertises.

I believe it would be wise to spend your money elsewhere than on this product. I read other reviews and thought it would be worthwhile to purchase this shelf -Wrong! As I stated, this is a $10 product. I had assumed the quality would match the price and I was incorrect. Look elsewhere. Learn from my mistake.

Save 99% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment