Sunday, November 24, 2013

Black Contact Paper, 18" x 75'

Black Contact Paper, 18' x 75'I wanted to chalkboard a section of one the walls in my son's bedroom but didn't want to deal with the fumes caused by blackboard paint, so I decided to use the Kittrich Chalkboard Contact Paper, 18" x 6' on Masonite boards as suggested by a reviewer for that product. However, I ran out of the chalkboard paper and realized I would need a lot more than 6' of paper, and this 75' roll was the solution. Since this product doesn't explicitly say "chalkboard paper" I wasn't sure how well it would take chalk, but for the price it was worth trying. I am happy to report that it works great as chalkboard paper as well. I also used some transportation wall decals for decorating the room and cut out some "roads" for the vehicles using this paper (I simply used yellow chalk on the paper to draw the dividers for the roads). I have also pasted some paper on one of my kitchen shelves to convert it into a chalkboard to write down todo and grocery lists. And I still have a TON of sheet left. Am sure it will come in handy for something in the future.

UPDATE Oct 2012:

We have been aggressively using the paper that I pasted on my fridge since my son loves drawing with chalk. So far (after 1yr of use), it has held up very well. No tears or rips and no fading. I occasionally wipe it with a wet paper towel and it's then as good as new! Very happy with this purchase. I have also used the paper to cover some old tins that I use as holders for pencils, crayons etc. Looks very cute.

I purchased this item to make vinyl wall art and to darken the windows in my home theater room. It worked great for both projects and ther is a ton of it left. It was much more affordable than buying window tint and premade vinyl lettering and it also allows you to be creative. It is very easy to remove and does not damage the underlying surface so you can change your wall art as often as you wish. Also as I have mentioned, you get a 75 foot roll of this stuff so there is plenty of it to mess around with.

Buy Black Contact Paper, 18" x 75' Now

I have always liked the simplicity of using contact paper to "clean up" otherwise old or messy looking spaces. I am not saying that I would use contact paper to cover furniture in the home if you are wanting a classy or "rich" look! But, as a school teacher teaching in a very old building with very old tables that are dull and mismatched and have little finish left on them to clean them properly...a little contact paper really can pull together the "look" and it is very easy to clean! I have used contact paper to cover gross looking tiles on classroom walls, to dress up my old chipped desk, dented file cabinet and even to cover containers such as margarine tubs or juice cans there is such a variety of colors and patterns out there that you can coordinate both to come up with a solution to a drab decor! It sticks smoothly and evenly, takes a short time to complete the job, wears well over time (as long as you are careful not to purposely abuse the area or put it on something that will obviously get mistreated!)

Children appreciate a classroom that is fresh and interesting and "fun" to work in....contact paper has always come through for me in these 16 years of teaching and one more thing....you can change it out inexpensively as you wish.

Read Best Reviews of Black Contact Paper, 18" x 75' Here

I am pleased to have found this black contact paper in the huge quantity! My creative imagination can soar -enough material for almost any project! I covered a small formica-surfaced vanity counter with pleasing results. On the minus side -it is thin. Every little speck, even a hair, will make a raised imperfection on the finished surface. (I deciced to go with it, and let the "imperfections" become part of the design -even added some; in drawers and on shelves, it won't matter as much.) Also, especially at the beginning of the roll, there were lines that didn't seem to disappear with application, and I discarded several inches.

Want Black Contact Paper, 18" x 75' Discount?

Having recently moved into an apartment with plaster walls I wanted a way to add some decorations without paint or nails. All of the pre-made wall decals seemed ridiculously expensive so instead I bought this roll which will be used for countless images. At first I wasn't sure if it would adhere to the rough surface of the wall but it was no problem at all and it looks great!

So far they come off the wall with no residue at all, but it is possible that time could change that, I have no way to predict.

Save 13% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment