Tuesday, November 5, 2013

ORE International R597-3 3-Tier Metal Book Rack

ORE International R597-3 3-Tier Metal Book RackThese shelves are study, stable when put together, and easy to assemble. I bought two and loaded them with heavy books. They are holding up extremely well.

Putting them together was quite easy. I do recommend using a better tool than the hex key shipped with the shelves, though, but that will do the job eventually. I used a screwdriver shaped wratchet that holds, among other things, hex shaped bits.

All pieces including shelves, uprights, and cross pieces came wrapped in plastic. As a result the finished product looked quite nice.

I intend to buy at least another shelf, as I seem to acumulate books rather quickly. For the price, you can't beat these. They are carefully made and carefully shipped.

Nice, lightweight, easy to assemble. Just bolt the crossbars to the ends, snap in the shelves, and put on the feet. Shelves hold books up to 11 1/2" tall, not adjustable. They seem to be holding my heavy art books well. Much better than equivalent-size cheap particleboard stuff you can get at office supply stores.

My only problem was one of the crossbars on one of them; it was not threaded at the factory, so the bolt would not screw in. I bought an appropriate sheet-metal screw at a hardware store and finished putting it together. Otherwise, fit and finish was very good.

You'll get a box containing the left and right sides, a smaller box, and a bag containing 18 bolts (no extras), 4 plastic feet, and an allen wrench. The smaller box contains the shelves and crossbars. Upon opening it, I initially found only 5 crossbars; take out all the shelves and separate them to find the remaining crossbars in between. I initially thought they didn't pack all the crossbars and was ready to send it back, then took one more look.

I don't know if Amazon kept their stock at 3 separate locations, but I received 3 separate shipments: 2 in huge boxes with lots of packing, and one posted using the shelving's own box. All 3 arrived on the same day.

Buy ORE International R597-3 3-Tier Metal Book Rack Now

I was very excited to find this item. After moving to a new place, needed a spot for cook books. Searches in stores resulted in flimsy, very expensive, cheap looking bookcases. This book rack is the exact opposite. It was very fairly priced, arrived quickly, and is both very sturdy and lightweight to move for cleaning. It took 10 minutes to put together, and it came with the exact number of parts needed. No extras to wonder if I'd missed something, and no parts missing. Best of all, it is so sturdy. I've got hardcover cookbooks piled on the lower and middle shelves, and there is no bend or dip in the shelves! That third shelf turned out to be so awesome for utensil holders! In an old apartment with serious counter space shortage, this has been one of the best purchases ever.

Read Best Reviews of ORE International R597-3 3-Tier Metal Book Rack Here

The box looked like it was dropped from about 10,000 feet directly onto my front porch. Ripped and mangled and was taped back together with about a roll and a half of packing tape. Probably was a return that someone else didn't want. No instructions at all, but all of the parts were there. I put it together hating it the entire time. As I was assembling it, I started to like it. Even with no instructions, it took me 15 minutes to assemble. After assembly, it looked pretty good. It seemed sturdy and kind of modern looking. I wish I would have ordered the 4 tier (because it is cheaper and also another shelf taller (explain that !!!!)), I am happy with this one and I really can't complain. (any more, that is......)

Want ORE International R597-3 3-Tier Metal Book Rack Discount?

This little bookshelf serves its purpose well. It easily holds my four dozen blu-ray movies, video games, and my collection of game guides. Building it only took ten minutes. Everything fit together well. No pieces were missing.

Do take care not to over-tighten any screws, though!! The quality of the metal is not very good. I expected this considering the one I bought was 40 dollars. Having said that, this thing is perfect considering the price. I just hope it lasts a good long time; like ten years.

Save 46% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment