Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Winsome Wood End Table/Night Stand with Door and Shelf

Winsome Wood End Table/Night Stand with Door and Shelf, BlackAll I needed were some temporary (in terms of not having to last more than 1-2 years) nightstands so I found these cheap ones. They came packaged very well, so no issues there. I didn't have any problems assembling them, although I can see how someone who isn't mechanically inclined may have some problems getting the side panels to fit into their slots.

It's a pretty whimpy nightstand. It's very light but I'm not concerned about it falling apart any time soon. I'm a structural engineer and I think it would hold up fine for normal nightstand use (e.g., lamp, tissue box, clock radio, etc.). Although, I do doubt that the thin shelves would hold up well if you were to stack it full of books or other heavy items.

Overall, I think it's a great deal considering how cheap it is. But here is why I'm giving it only 1 stars. The outgassing is HORRIBLE! I even left it unassembled in my garage for 2 weeks thinking it would not give off any more chemical fumes/odors, but when I assembled them and brought it upstairs, if you sleep within 2-3 feet of these things, it will give you a headache or keep you up because it's so strong of an odor. I can't imagine how unhealthy it must be.

It's been at least 4 weeks now and these things are still outgassing. For the price, I can only imagine that they are made in China and if they are still outgassing this much after this much time, I'm now concerned about what type of toxic chemicals my wife and I are breathing in. So I simple threw them out. I thought about donating them to Goodwill but I personally think they are a health hazard.

I've used oil-base paints and other high-volatile paints before, but they usually will outgass within a few days and be done with it. Not these. These are spewing toxic fumes into the air inside my house.

In the trash they go...

This was nicer than what I thought it would be however, when I went to add the front door panel on, it cracked down the side. Luckily since it is black the crack does not stand out. Other than that, I am pleased with the way it looks.

Buy Winsome Wood End Table/Night Stand with Door and Shelf Now

THE FRONT, INTERIOR AND SIDE PANELS ARE THIN PARTICLE BOARD COVERED WITH A GREENISH VERSION OF THE WOOD A PLASTIC PAPER THAT DOES NOT MATCH THE WOOD FRAME. THE ONLY SOLID WOOD ARE THE FRAME AND TOP. RETURNED.

Read Best Reviews of Winsome Wood End Table/Night Stand with Door and Shelf Here

Product pieces were poorly made and did not fit together well. Finished product is wobbly. I had to purchase a screw for the door knob as the one provided did not fit. Would not purchase from company again.

Want Winsome Wood End Table/Night Stand with Door and Shelf Discount?

Nice item, as described. Sturdier than I expected. Easily assembled, except that the screw for the knob on the front is only half the length it needs to be. I guess someone made an extra penny profit on that one.

Save 15% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment