Monday, December 9, 2013

42-Inch Black Wood TV Stand with Mount

42-Inch Black Wood TV Stand with MountLove this stand! It was just what I was looking for. I was concerned about my 42" TV fitting on the mount based on the other reviews I read so I called the manufacturer to figure out the specifics. Customer service was very helpful and after calling I knew the mount would work. Assembly was simple and stand looks great. Clean, solid, compact! Absolutely love this stand!

I was looking for an entertainment center that had a built in mount because I wanted the TV off of the table top but did not want to mount it on the wall. This entertainment center provided the perfect solution. I was also looking for an entertainment center that I could use to hold a home theater PC (HTPC) and although it was not specifically designed for this, by leaving the door, shelf and back off of one of the DVD storage compartments, I was easily able to fit a mid-sized tower into the unit. There is plenty of ventilation and even room to place an external hard drive on top of the tower.

As far as AV and media storage, this unit has ample storage for just about anything you will likely need. I have a Blu-ray and standard DVD player, AV receiver, VCR, DVR, Play Station, HTPC, center, left, and right speakers all neatly stacked on the built in shelves and on the top of the table part of the unit. As I said, I took one of the media drawers and converted it to hold my HTPC but in the media drawer I did not modify, I am able to fit about 70 DVDs and Blu-Ray discs in their plastic holders.

The unit itself is very sturdy and holds the TV well. One thing you will need to do is buy the screws to mount the TV to the mount part of the unit separately because they are not included. If you check your TV manual it should tell you what size you need and you can pick these up at just about any hardware store for a couple bucks. The unit is 42 inches wide but easily accommodates a 46" LCD TV with a little less than an inch of overhang on each side (43.5" total). Check the overall dimensions of your TV but the specs I found on the unit state it holds TVs up to 50". You may want to double check on plasma TVs since they can be significantly heavier than LCDs.

One other major consideration was cable management. Although this unit does not have any built in cable management features, I was able to get most of the cables connecting the equipment nicely organized and out of sight. It has holes on the back panel for cables to be routed through. These are somewhat small and can make the initial setup interesting but once you have the cables through it allows you to fairly easily bundle and hide them. You can also use ties to attach cables to the vertical support for the mount to hide the cables that run from your components in the shelves to the inputs on the TV itself.

Overall, I do not think you will find a better unit for the price. This entertainment center has massive amounts of storage for AV equipment and media and as I said, with slight modifications can even be used as to hold an HTPC. The built in mount looks great and places your TV at the perfect viewing level without requiring you to mount it on the wall. I highly recommend this unit to anyone with a moderately sized flat screen TV that is looking to organize their living room.

Buy 42-Inch Black Wood TV Stand with Mount Now

this tv console looks great and the 42in led tv fits perfect that i bought for it. i really like the storage for my kids games and movies.

Read Best Reviews of 42-Inch Black Wood TV Stand with Mount Here

The Walker Edison 42-Inch Wood TV Stand Console with Mount, Black is nice piece of furniture. After reading many reviews on amazon, wayfarer, and Walmart I decided this stand was was the best stand with mount for the price point. (just under 220)

In all, solid piece of furniture, stand works well, and the DVD doors are awesome, fills up nicely. ITs not a BDI or Salamander quality stand. But works well and deserves a good look. I have no regrets and would buy this again.

But Some things to think about.

1. it is true the stand does not come with screws to mount your television. its an easy fix. Google what size mount screws I need for your TV, and in seconds you will have your answer.

2. The mount is top notch. Its solid and connects to the stand with 4 screws that are thick and long enough to make you feel safe for any size television. I mounted a 42 inch sony LCD. works fine. There is lots of room for an upgrade TV maybe a 50 or 46 inch. the crossbar measure 23 inches from top of stand and I would not go bigger than stand that measure 43inches wide.

3. The finish was a little disappointing. Unlike ikea products that have a smooth laminate finish, this finish had a textured finish that felt a little too fake. But this is a personal taste, and not a deal breaker for the price point.

4. The assembly was easy but a few places to pay special attention too.

The door assembly:

It can easily be done wrong (IE. putting the door upside down or on the wrong side. MAke sure you identify the right and left door before putting the door fronts on. The handle is on the inside side or opposite of hinge side. The metal plate for magnet latch is on top. Sounds easy but trust me you need to measure twice and assemble once if you get what I am saying.

The attachment of the doors:

It can be tough and you get one shot at this, so pay careful attention or you can have gaps on bottom or top. I assembled the doors while the stand was upright, should have followed the direction and lay the stand on its back.

6. The audio shelves are small, and it take a little finesse to get it right. but it can be done. the connection on the back of the equipment was not accounted for. I put in a monster power box, Sony dvd, Direct TV genie. The only problem was direct tv the coaxial cables were problematic.

In All its a 4 star unit because its an average piece of furniture that has a great price point.

Want 42-Inch Black Wood TV Stand with Mount Discount?

The entertainment set is a good size and holds a lot of dvd's, and if your a gamer like me your gaming stuff fits too. It took 2 hrs to assemble, it was easy just time consuming.

Save 60% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment