Friday, December 13, 2013

Marble Ivory Contact Paper Adhesive Liner

Marble Ivory Contact Paper Adhesive LinerI cannot describe the disappointment I felt when I received this product. I expected a few differences between the picture and the product, but the only way I can see this being the same product is if someone took a picture with a very bright flash. This is an almost greenish gray with specks of ivory in it. The quality of the contact paper is normal, so for the price, this is definitely overpriced. I bought this for the counters in a rental house that my husband and I are renting, and it just did not have the clean, sleek look that I expected from the picture. The only reason that I gave it a 2 instead of a 1 is that I did find a way to make it work. Even though the actual print looks like a cheap photocopy of marble, the veins did make a great outline for "fixing" it. I painted over the surface with some watered down, white acrylic paint, and then used different shades of gray and followed the vein lines, then when over with a very thin layer of clear epoxy resin. But considering I bought the paper to save myself that type of work, I'm not happy with the purchase. A picture update is definitely needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment