Friday, December 13, 2013

Tier One Designs T1D-137BK Component Audio Rack TV Stand

Tier One Designs T1D-137BK Component Audio Rack TV Stand
  • Color: Black
  • Size: 39.5"H x 24"W x 20.25"D
  • Compact design.
  • Open shelves.
  • Cord management.

Just completed assembly. Package as it arrived was pretty beat up as it was very heavy, but thankfully all the parts were in fine shape, but lots of styrofoam bit were everywhere.

Instructions were a tad unclear on the orientation of the cable tidy, but I figured it out. I had one bolt that was cross-threaded (the one on top of course, that has to be in far enough to have the chrome cap in the correct spot.) I had to flip that tube around and use the other end.

Looks great!

Buy Tier One Designs T1D-137BK Component Audio Rack TV Stand Now

The stand looks awesome in my living room and it fits all my multi media equipment. Shelf dimensions are very intelligent. Bottom shelf easily fits my receiver with room for heat removal. The other shelfs are almost a little too high (although I won't complain about that...).

Assembly was easy, I did it on my own.

The aluminum columns are somewhat not the best quality with regards to coating. At some points the coating formed small droplets and on two spots the coating was scratched off.

Anyhow these two minor flaws are rarely noticeable. I painted the scratched are with a black pen and it's not visible from the couch.

Some of the glass plates are held in place via the aluminum columns and some silica grippers at the back panel. These silica grippers are completely useless and don't work at all. The shelf stands without them though.

Read Best Reviews of Tier One Designs T1D-137BK Component Audio Rack TV Stand Here

This one fit my size specs to a tee. Like it very much. Not too bad to put togetheer. Heavy in the box

Want Tier One Designs T1D-137BK Component Audio Rack TV Stand Discount?

(This has nothing to do with the shipper but I would just like to add that Fed Ex delivered this rack which is around 80 pounds and dumped it on my steps. I ordered this when I sure to be home during Spring break. He didn't knock on my door to let me know it was there. I wouldn't have known it was there if I didn't happen to look out the window at that time to see the Fed Ex truck outside of my house. Of course the delivery guy caught an attitude because I asked him if he could help me push the heavy box inside of my house. Being a woman with back issues this would have been too much for me to handle alone. Besides, the box was located behind the door. I'm not only mentioning this to vent, but for those reading this to be careful because this shipper ships Fed Ex and if it doesn't need a customer signature, THEY CAN LEAVE YOUR PACKAGED ANYWHERE ON YOUR PROPERTY FOR A CLEVER THEIF TO STEAL!

Now after I've finished venting, let's get back to the item.

Again, this box is heavy. Mine arrived looking like it had been through a war. The outside box was ripped at the bottom, but good thing there was a second box inside of the damaged box. Once you open the box, there will be bits of foam everywhere as you begin to take out the pieces. You can tell the foam is cheap and flimsy but it did the job of preventing the glass from breaking. These little annoying pieces of foam sticks to everything your furniture, glass pieces, floor and the clothes you're currently wearing.

I would have given this item 5 stars if all of the pieces would have been included in the box. the screws that attach the foot support to the cable tidy was missing. I went to three stores and couldn't locate it. I had to improvise at the third store and found a piece that could attach the foot support to the cable tidy. I purchased 3 of them to add extra support. It doesn't look pretty and my son teased me about it, but since it's located in the back of the unit I can live with it. It was way too heavy to try and ship back just because there were missing pieces. This stand looks beautiful once it's assembled. It's very roomy. You will love this. I was upset after learning the pieces were missing, but became happy with my purchase after I was able to get pieces that did the job. You will be happy with this. I purchased this to match another glass tv stand that I have for my 47 inch tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment