Thursday, December 26, 2013

TechCraft SWH4024B 40-Inch High Multimedia Tower - Black

TechCraft SWH4024B 40-Inch High Multimedia Tower - Black
  • 40 Inches High Black Audio Side- Rack for your components and other curios
  • Store your components on open shelves or concealed behind glass door
  • Adjustable shelves and ample wire management cutouts provided
  • Designed to complement the models SWBL48 and SWBL60

This audio stand looks exactly like the photo. The dimensions under "see more technical details" are incorrect. This stand measures 24 inches across, 20 inches deep and 40 inches high. It is made primarily of solid wood with wood veneers and thus it is quite heavy. However, as a result, the stand looks and feels much better than the cheap particle board furniture you can buy at the discount store. The only things that feel cheap are the 2 adjustable shelves which are made of compressed board with plastic veneers. I found the assembly to be relatively easy to do by myself and it took me about an hour. The box is very well packed and the contents, including the bottom glass door, came all the way to Hawaii undamaged, even though there was a big ding on one of the sides of the box. In my opinion, this is a very good value at $185, and I highly recommend this audio stand to anyone looking for a dark wood audio cabinet of this size.

Buy TechCraft SWH4024B 40-Inch High Multimedia Tower - Black Now

Over the years, I've had more than my fair share of this type of furniture. I was really surprised at the level of quality on this cabinet.

There seems to be some confusion in the reviews on the type of material. For the most part, this cabinet is all solid wood, which is very unusual at this price point. The only exception is the shelves, which are vinyl-covered flakeboard, the fixed shelf has a solid-wood front edge.

Read Best Reviews of TechCraft SWH4024B 40-Inch High Multimedia Tower - Black Here

This cabinet is great. Shipping was fast, as usual with Amazon. It was packed well, but not so bad that I had to destroy the box to get it out. Instructions were spartan, but not so bad you couldn't figure it out. If you ever put a Swedish piece of furniture together, you can do this.

It looks great once its assembled, held all the pieces I wanted it to and more (cable box, Onkyo receiver, BluRay player) and fits in the spot I had planned for it. Overall, it looks better than the picture, went together in about an hour and seems well constructed. If the dimensions fit what you are looking for, buy this you won't regret it.

Want TechCraft SWH4024B 40-Inch High Multimedia Tower - Black Discount?

I received this item with a damaged piece, despite good packaging. I saw that the item was manufactured in China and thought that getting a replacement part would be next to impossible. I was wrong. I went to the web address printed on the front of the assembly manual and was stunned to find a well-developed website with a form that can be submitted to request replacements for damaged parts. I provided the information from the label on the back of the cabinet and submitted the form. Within 24 hours I had a ship notice with tracking number, and 3 business days later I received a new, undamaged, shelf free of charge. Awesome!

Assembly was very easy, less than 1 hour. It feels very solid and looks great. A couple of nice touches are the ability to adjust the little foot on the bottom of each leg to get it perfectly level and the ability to adjust the door positioning in all 3 dimensions to ensure that is is centered within the opening and opens/closes without friction. I am very happy with this purchase.

Save 27% Off

This is a really nice piece of furniture. I purchased it to house my Home Theater, Blu-ray, DVD-Laser disk and cable tuner equipment.

It is very roomy, and was very well packaged. Assembly took about an hour and the directions and fit were just great.

The finish and the supplied hinges for the glass door were very impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment