Friday, December 27, 2013

Walker Edison 44-Inch Full-Door Wood TV Stand Console, Traditional Brown

Walker Edison 44-Inch Full-Door Wood TV Stand Console, Traditional BrownWhile this is built solid, I was a little disappointed with it. In part, I made a mistake of forgetting to check the depth of it, compared to my components. Of the three components I have, two did not fit and I could not close the doors. If it were just an inch deeper, it probably would be fine. So, I am using it without the doors.

The other thing that bothers me is that I had the doors on for about 10 minutes, opened and closed them no more than 10 times and they started to scrape the inside edges of the cabinet where they attached. It could be that I didn't install them correctly (and the instructions aren't clear on the positioning of the hardware which could go a 1/4 inch in either direction). However, the scraping caused the veneer to rip, almost as if it were paper. Due to the positioning of the rips, it is barely noticeable, but I worry what this piece will look like in a couple of years with my two small kids running around the house.

All that said, it feels solid, was easy to put together and looks really nice, even without the front doors.

We ordered this product back at the end of April, and we still have not resolved our problems. It is now almost July. Our first cabinet was defective, the top of the unit was so bowed it looked like a giant brown banana (not kidding). We ordered a replacement from amazon, who were fantastic as usual. We maybe thought we had just been unlucky with the first order, not so. When the second unit arrived it was even worse than the first. This is when we decided to call the company directly. They were pretty helpful, requiring us to take a picture of said defective item. When they received the picture they sent out a replacement. Took about a week for the whole process. Guess what folks.... yes this one was also bowed. Now my husband and I are really ticked, especially him as he spent two hours putting the original unit together only to find the issue afterward. Again we called amazon to order another unit. We didn't want to and amazon were very reluctant to send another out. So we are still without a TV stand, but really don't want to have to put another unit together. We will see how this one is, should be receiving it tomorrow. Will update review when we get it. Until then I would really not recommend buying this item to anyone. Unless you want a massive headache, and a wonky TV stand.

Buy Walker Edison 44-Inch Full-Door Wood TV Stand Console, Traditional Brown Now

I looked everywhere for a TV table IKEA, Home Goods, numerous online sources, local furniture stores. My last stop was my favorite: Amazon. The choices were endless, and thanks to other customer experiences, I found what I was looking for. The beauty of this piece is not only how it looks, but how easy assembly was. It takes time and patience, but is more than worth the price. If your components are deeper than the unit, as ours were, it's easy to modify the rear piece to accommodate the doors, and the doors are better than one would expect. Beveled, tempered glass. They're really gorgeous and worth the modification. I'm so grateful to Amazon for their Prime option. We received the table in less than 24 hours after ordering! This piece of furniture was so well packaged and labeled that anyone can put it together.

Read Best Reviews of Walker Edison 44-Inch Full-Door Wood TV Stand Console, Traditional Brown Here

Ordered on the 1st and had it on the 5th. Excellent price. The TV stand itself is very nice. Good fit. Have the right tools and it takes about 50 minutes to assemble. Very easy. Now I do have some experience, but even still, I am over 60. Color was virtually perfect with the rest of the living room. Lots of storage for DVDs; the cable box and the DVD player fit quite well and the doors hung easily.

All in all, an excellent choice for the money.

Want Walker Edison 44-Inch Full-Door Wood TV Stand Console, Traditional Brown Discount?

I the tv console, it looks great in our living room. It goes together easily and looks just the the picture.

Save 50% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment