Monday, December 30, 2013

Whitmor 6060-322 Supreme 4-Tier Shelving Unit, Chrome

Whitmor 6060-322 Supreme 4-Tier Shelving Unit, ChromeOne person can set these up in a few minutes.

They look good, are solid as a rock, and absolutely stable.

Easily adjust any shelf thanks to convenient markings on the posts and clips that keep the shelf where you set it.

Actually 5-tier shelves since you can position the bottom shelf as high off the floor as you like and store stuff under it.

One useful configuration is to place the bottom shelf six inches off the ground, the next shelf six inches above that, the next shelf six inches below the top, and the top shelf at the top. That allows you to store shoes on the bottom shelf and under it, hang coats on the next to top shelf, and store gloves, hats and scarves on the next to top and top shelves. (I have one set up like this in my garage for winter coats, boots, gloves, etc.)

BTW, I feel that honest, effective reviews can take the place of first-hand experiences that are lacking in online shopping. I've always appreciated the help I've received from other reviewers and work hard to return the favor as best as I can. I hope you found this review helpful and if there was anything you thought was lacking or unclear leave a comment and I'll do what I can to fix it.

I've tried both this version of shelving and two other versions that were more plain, gray steel varieties that assembled with pre-formed rivets that slot together. One of those cut the heck out of my hands. The other had no sharp edges, but was extremely unstable during assembly, and effectively required two people to hold it together until fully framed.

Not only is this shelving much, much easier for a person to put together by himor herself, it is also much more stable that the alternatives. And, despite the fact that it's fairly light-weight (and thus easier to move than the alternatives), it's at least as solid. I'll buy more of these.

Buy Whitmor 6060-322 Supreme 4-Tier Shelving Unit, Chrome Now

....when it comes to shelving.

Like the previous reviewer, we tried many different metal shelves, but none are made as sturdy or with the same quality as Whitmor, and assembly is a breeze.

Not only do we use these shelves as basic storage, but they're so attractive that we also use the 4 tier chrome shelf as an entertainment unit. With each shelf holding up to 350 lbs., you have limitless possibilities.

You might pay a bit more for Whitmor, but the quality is well worth the price.

Read Best Reviews of Whitmor 6060-322 Supreme 4-Tier Shelving Unit, Chrome Here

I bought one of these specifically for my kitchen for extra appliance and canister storage and am very happy with the result. These shelves are strong, sturdy, and attractive enough to be on permanent display. As mentioned in another review, they are easy for one person to assemble. I'm quite pleased with them and will probably buy another in the near future.

One problem, for my intended application, that I didn't think about when I bought them: These are wire shelves, so there are gaps between the wires . Appliance cords dangle through the shelf wires; appliances sit cock-eyed when the feet don't line up with the wires, etc. However, this was rather easily solved: I made a quick trip to the hardware mega-store for some thin acrylic sheets (think Plexiglass) and a cheap plastic-scoring knife. I made a few measurements, scored the plastic with the knife, snapped off the excess and ended up with crystal-clear tops for each of the shelves.

Each wire shelf has a slight wire lip around it and my new plastic tops fit flush with the lip and were held in place by it. Now appliance cords don't hang down through the shelf; appliances don't sit cock-eyed and small items are safe. And, due to the angle of my kitchen lighting, you have to look very closely to even see the covers.

None of this takes away from these shelves. They'll serve you well for a long time.

Want Whitmor 6060-322 Supreme 4-Tier Shelving Unit, Chrome Discount?

These shelves are super easy to assemble, they look great, and they hold a lot of stuff. I use them in my kitchen for my pots and pans. The nice thing about this shelving system is that you can hang things off the sides of the shelves.

Save 9% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment