Sunday, January 12, 2014

ClosetMaid 898000 9-Cube Stackable Laminate Organizer, Alder

ClosetMaid 898000 9-Cube Stackable Laminate Organizer, AlderI didn't actually end up getting this color (got cherry instead), but this piece of functional furniture is fantastic! With all the accessories you can get for it (canvas bins, metal baskets, etc), it can be useful in just about any room in the house. Of course, the only drawback is the limited size of the cubes, but they are roomy enough for my needs. I use mine as a toy box/book shelf in 3 y/o's room. Very tall books don't fit, but can be stored on top.

I bought the 9 cube product in the espresso finish and liked it so much I got the 6 cube piece too (in espresso and white). Lots of storage with a small footprint, the espresso finish works well with the transitional style of my home, and the white is perfect for a closet in my bedroom.

Assembly: I usually am terrified of assembling these kind of things and leave it for my fiance to do, but wanted to have this done when he got home from work. All said I think it took me an hour to put together all three units. It wasn't difficult at all, all the pieces were there, and after putting together several of these now I have never had issue with the holes being drilled incorrectly.

Minor issues: The backs of the cubes are laminated cardboard with a lot of nails, and if you aren't very careful to get them in straight they will damage the finish (one nail out of 120 I used no joke, it is a LOT of nails) did go crooked and poked through the laminate Two boards out of the 30 I have pulled out of the boxes have had minor scratches, but nothing too unsightly. The plastic screw covers they include are kind of lame the screws don't sit deep enough for the caps to be flush.

Overall, this appears to be a nice organizational tool for the money!

Buy ClosetMaid 898000 9-Cube Stackable Laminate Organizer, Alder Now

Upon opening this box I was kind of worried considering how many pieces there were. The directions were straightforward and I had it put together fairly quickly by myself within a couple hours. My sons' closet has a slanted ceiling but it fit with room to spare. One nail went through the particle board but you just have to be careful when nailing on the backing. Once the bins are in it looks great, for the price I am happy with it, and now my boys have no excuse not to pick up their room! :)

Read Best Reviews of ClosetMaid 898000 9-Cube Stackable Laminate Organizer, Alder Here

Fortunately, the attractiveness of the fabric cubes hide at least some of the many serious flaws in this laminate organizer. If we hadn't needed to put the product into use promptly, I would have stopped assembling it, packed it up, and sent it back to Amazon--an inconvenience we just didn't have time to choose. We encountered flaws ranging from shedding veneer to particle-board splitting during typical (and careful) assembly. Ultimately, we resorted to using clear packing tape and glue simply to make the product serviceable.

Having purchased and assembled numerous "cheap furniture" products over the years, we rate this one the worst. Perhaps we were just unlucky and got a "bad apple." Even so, I strongly recommend purchasing from a local source (if available to you) to make return easier if you end up with one of similarly disappointing quality. If you buy, and wherever you buy, I wish you far better luck than we had.

Want ClosetMaid 898000 9-Cube Stackable Laminate Organizer, Alder Discount?

I bought this for my Sunday School (3-7 year old) class room to put bins in to hold toys. It is particle board it is not made of real wood so the shelves will bend if you put too much on them. If your needs are met by this and not a more expensive solid wood alternative then by all means use it. It was in my budget and works for the cause. Don't over load the shelves or set a decortive plant on it so that water spills on it or the "wood" finish will bubble. I installed this myself with a basic screwdriver and hammer. I am handy with a few tools but usually the directions are what throws me a curve ball. These directions were pretty straigh forward. The plasic covers used to hide the screws are a pain. They don't always stay in place. I just skipped some of them so they weren't around for the kids to eat. It would be nice if you could put cardboard backs on all the the slots but that's not an option. Overall it serves the purpose and the churches floor must be level because it doesn't wobble.

Save 20% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment