Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Melannco Nesting U Shaped Shelves, Black, Set of 3

Melannco Nesting U Shaped Shelves, Black, Set of 3I bought these to use as DVD shelves, and they serve that purpose well, since they have raised ends. The quality is not great; there is a blemish on one corner. They are cheap fiberboard, but they serve their purpose.

However, they smell strongly of urine. Upon unpacking them, my whole living room quickly took on the smell. I am going to wait and see if they settle down any before I mount them to the wall, because it's disgusting. How disappointing.

Update: This product bears the distinction of being my first Amazon return. After leaving it to air out outside overnight, the smell is still unbearable, and is making us ill. I have opted for these instead: ASIN:B006DU0C72 Trista [Groovy Colours] U-Shaped Leather Wall Shelf / Bookshelf / Floating Shelf (Set of 3)]] Much more expensive, but hopefully better quality (and less smelly).

I bought these shelves to put in my son's room. They are solid black. Other reviewers talked about a weird smell that came from them and yes, they did smell when I first got them, so I used a damp rag to wipe them down and then dried them off immediately. I let them set out for a day before installing them and haven't noticed any smell coming from them anymore. My son's room is 12 x 14 and he sleeps with the door closed and we still can't smell them. I think they are great. I'd give them 5 stars if I didn't have to wipe them off but they do what they are designed to do...hold small books and nick-nacks.

Buy Melannco Nesting U Shaped Shelves, Black, Set of 3 Now

These are made of paper. They look nice, however, when I received mine, one side was broken off of one ot these. It may have been due to the packing or the handling of the product. Not bad for the price. I will try to glue the side back on, otherwise will have to pitch that one.

Read Best Reviews of Melannco Nesting U Shaped Shelves, Black, Set of 3 Here

This product was not at ALL what I expected to receive! It looked so nice in the photos that I actually ordered two boxes; one for each child's room. The largest one was a lot smaller than I thought it was going to be, and very narrow as well; a 4x6 frame hardly fits on the small one. I'll blame that one on myself b/c I'm sure it listed the dimensions in the item details. Although it wasn't what I pictured it to be, the worst part of this item is it's construction. Now, I realize that for the $26 for a 3-peice shelving unit, you're most likely going to get particle board, but they could've at least made it so it didn't fall apart (literally) when I took it out of it's box!...I kid you not. POS is what this is....very disappointed.

Want Melannco Nesting U Shaped Shelves, Black, Set of 3 Discount?

When I received the shelves, two had already broken, though I didn't notice right away. I had emptied the boxes they arrived in, and then, more the fool me, threw the boxes away. Once I realized that the shelves were broken, I checked the others, only to find most of them to be loose. Since I threw the boxes away, I couldn't return the shelves, so I'm stuck with them.

Save 17% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment