Thursday, January 30, 2014

Seville Classics 5-Shelf Home-Style Storage System

Seville Classics SHE14305 Home Style Mobile 5-Shelf Storage System, ChromeThis storage system is perfect for my kitchen window. I have a 'door size' window in my kitchen. This unit fits perfect, rolls out to clean floor under it. It holds my plants, and seedling starts. It has loads of usable space. The shelves are adjustable and it is strong. I expect it to last many years.

It was very easy to assemble and is attractive in my kitchen.

Am very pleased with these shelves. I was a little impatient putting them together and didn't read through all the instructions first so I had to redo the positioning of the shelf holders once or twice otherwise I feel these were well-packed, decent quality and easy to put together even for a 64 year old woman with arthritis in her hands. One dissapointment is that they tell you not to move the unit when the shelves are full and indeed the wheels don't want to roll under a load. Otherwise definitely recommended.

Buy Seville Classics 5-Shelf Home-Style Storage System Now

THIS IS A GREAT UNIT!

I bought it basically because I needed something with a small enough 'footprint' to fit in a very tight space, I needed it mobile, and I needed it strong. It manages all of that, and with style.

I use it to hold patient charts when the residents in our nursing home visit our doctors officeit's a small space, and I couldn't find a traditional 'chart rack' to fit, and hold enough charts. This shelf unit easily holds 12 or so charts on each shelf, and doesn't tip or get insteady... We are talking serious weight! It's fully mobile, even when loaded downthe doctors love that the unit can be rolled right next to their desk.

The only problem I have with this unitwhen putting it together, it's difficult to get the clamps (which the shelves rest on) completely even, and it can be tricky to get the shelves back off to readjust the clamps. On the plus side of that problem, the weight of the charts have ''settled'' the shelves pretty evenly.

Overall, a fantastic solution for a tight space at a very affordable price, and the mobility is a great asset.

Read Best Reviews of Seville Classics 5-Shelf Home-Style Storage System Here

The unit assembled easily and appears sturdy even when fully loaded. I had two of the super-cheap casters literally rip apart while moving the shelves for the first time with weight on them.

Suffering through Ikea on a Saturday with my wife this past week, I happened upon a set of 'Besta' wheels. A 2-pack was $10 so simple math yields that I upgraded all four wheels for $20. They are sturdy and attractive, and once you pop out the attachment screw that they ship with with a nail punch or similar, you can insert the properly sized threaded screw to mount to these shelves. I used a bit of Loctite as well. Shelves now wheel freely under full weight.

Want Seville Classics 5-Shelf Home-Style Storage System Discount?

In case you've never had one of these before I figured I should describe in detail how the shelves get placed. The shelf legs are first screwed together (they are in pieces to allow for a shorter box). Then small plastic collars are placed on the legs. The collars have an extra rib on the inside that matches up with the small grooves visible on the legs. With this it allows for each shelf to be placed anywhere with a 1" resolution. The bottom shelf is a little tricky just because all 4 legs are loose, but after that assembly really is simple.

With that explanation out of the way, the assembly went well. Quality parts. Chose not to install the casters on the bottom but they were in the box and appeared to be of decent quality. Nice chrome finish, and the 5-shelf unit is nice and sturdy despite its height. I can imagine the shelves could easily take the 200lb load they are advertised to take in the description. I'd recommend this to others and will know where to buy more of these in the future if I need them.

Save 39% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment