Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Vantage Point AXWG03S Audio/Video 3-Shelf System

Vantage Point AXWG03S Audio/Video 3-Shelf System
  • Designed with a hidden-wire management system to complement your home's appearance
  • Shelves rotate up to 160-degrees, allowing for perfect viewing positions
  • Shelf system can be used with a variety of LCD mounts
  • Adjustable shelf height
  • Supports up to 25 pounds per shelf

This was one of the biggest mistakes I've made concerning the installation of my plasma tv on the wall. I only intended to use two of the three shelves and then I only had a DVD player and a HD satellite receiver. The shelves were more than adaquate to hold what I wanted to put on them, but the channel in the back was useless for my two items. I used a HDMI cable for one component and a composite video (5 wires) for the DVD player. The power cords for each wouldn't fit into the channel and the pin wasn't able to be placed at the top.

I wasted the money I spent on it and finally just screwed two of the shelf supports that came with it to studs in the wall and purchased wiremold surface mounted plastic raceways to cover the wires. I'm happy with my solution and it looks Good. If the channer were large enough then this system would be good.

The channel is only big enough for a power cord and speaker wires and nothing else.

A BIG Disappointment. Of course once you get it mounted, you can't return it because it's used so you're stuck. Good Luck

Buy Vantage Point AXWG03S Audio/Video 3-Shelf System Now

This Shelf system was very poorly designed and not very robust. The shelves are held up using only a friction method. The entire assemby is free to rotate and never stays straight since nothing locks it in. Two brackets are provided but the bottom bracket does not support ANY weight which makes it useless. The system "Design" is just not robust enough even though the materials are.

I had to add several features to make the system more robust and ensure that it is stable on the wall. Also, the channel is not even large enough to fit enough cables for a Cable receiver and DVD player. It's just not worth the money even though its cheaper.

Read Best Reviews of Vantage Point AXWG03S Audio/Video 3-Shelf System Here

The shelf looks nice, and I've not really had the problems described in some of the other reviews regarding the narrow cable channel. I used HDMI cables and it looks nice. The real problem with this shelf system is that the swivel feature is more of a design flaw than a positive attribute. The whole shelf hangs from the top bracket supported by a pin, so it can turn very easily, with just a touch. If you have kids or it's in a high traffic area I wouldn't really recommend it, because the corners of the shelf will constantly be banging against your wall. I would up eliminating the swivel feature by putting a few screws through the bar to provide resistance against the mount. Also, and this was really a problem of all the shelf systems, I wish the shelves themselves were a little bigger. Your components can crowd the shelf a little bit.

Want Vantage Point AXWG03S Audio/Video 3-Shelf System Discount?

Nice item looks clean ,at first look you might think it is not stable but to my suprise it holds up nice .

Save 9% Off

Looks great. Not so easy to install. But it really doesn't hide all of the wires if you have so many like I do. We have 3 components and it is alot of wires to fit through the tube and you still see the plugs into the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment