Friday, February 21, 2014

ClosetMaid 6-Cube Organizer

ClosetMaid 8694 6-Cube Organizer, WhiteI bought two of these 6-cube organizers for my closet. I wanted something more substantial than plastic, a solid surface rather than wire, less expensive than wood, and the ability to have drawers or use them as open storage. They're perfect for sweaters, t-shirts, shorts, sweatshirts, purses, etc. The cubes are a good size not too big so you don't have wasted space and not too small for bulkier sweaters or sweatshirts. With the cute drawers you can buy separately, they're also great for storing socks, hats, gloves, scarves. I could see how they'd be great organizers for people who do crafts, or for kids toys, office supplies, laundry supplies, linens, bathroom supplies. And they seem sturdy enough for books as well. They were easy to put together once I figured out how things connect together. It took me less than 30 minutes for the first one, and maybe 15 for the second. I did use a power drill with a driver bit for the screws, but that's because I'm lazy and it's faster that way. Nailing the cardboard backing on took more time than expected because there are so many small nails to hold the pieces in place, but that does make the backings sturdier. All the pre-drilled holes lined up correctly, all the dowels fit properly. The plastic screw covers stay on if you tap them with a hammer to set them in place. It is laminate on particle-board, so you aren't getting fine furniture, but these are great for getting the most out of your closet space. I'll definitely be buying more of these or some of the other cube configurations for my other closets.

I love using these as bookcases, since they won't warp under the weight of even the heaviest textbooks. I've used three of the 8-cube organizers for nearly a decade, and they've survived numerous moves across the country. I recently bought this 6-cube organizer to fit into an odd nook in my home office, and I was pleased to see that it matches my previous organizers.

These are obviously particle board with laminate, but they are good quality and they are sturdy. They are very easy to put together, and assembly takes less than 20 minutes if you use an electric screwdriver. I don't bother with the screw covers, since they fall off easily.

It's important to note that the maple color has been discontinued, so pick a different color if you want to be able to expand your collection in the future. The alder color seems to be ClosetMaid's replacement in the same general color family, but it definitely doesn't match the maple organizers.

If you want to save money, check Target, Walmart, Lowes, and Home Depot before buying these online. Obviously, Amazon's shipping cost has to get wrapped into the price somehow, and these cost $20-$30 to ship due to their weight.

Buy ClosetMaid 6-Cube Organizer Now

I love this product. Got mine on sale at Target for $40. Super easy to put together. My 4-yr-old helped me. Looks great in the kids' room with the little fabric drawers that sell separately. I'm thinking about buying another.

Read Best Reviews of ClosetMaid 6-Cube Organizer Here

These cubes are sturdy and they do what I need them to do. They are, of course, cheap veneer and the screw covers didn't even stay on long enough to get it to the room I have it in. But I bought it for my laundry room, not for showpiece furniture, so I don't mind.

Want ClosetMaid 6-Cube Organizer Discount?

Easy to put together. I'm pregnant and it only took me 40 minutes.

It looks good.

The only problem is that the paint come off easily.

I'd recommend it to a friend.

1 comment: