Sunday, February 16, 2014

Lumisource TV-TS-105 36.5in. Metro TV Stand, Dark Wood Veneer

Lumisource TV-TS-105 36.5in. Metro TV Stand, Dark Wood Veneer
  • Assembly Required Yes
  • Material Wood
  • Style Contemporary
  • Finish Dark Wood
  • Assembled Size Dimensions 36.5 L x 22 W x 44 H (bracket)

I ordered this stand to go into a small space in my living room. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the wood, I expected it to be cheaper looking, but this was well made and thick layers of real wood with a dark veneer, not chipboard. I have cherry furniture with a slight reddish tint and while this is dark veneer, it is not cherry tinted at all. The image online looks to be a close match to my furniture (at least on my computer), but it actually a mid level to dark walnut color. There is also some wood grain detailing that isn't too obvious in the images. One other note is that the holes for the cords are not optimally placed. I used the shelf for a DVD player and a Tivo Premiere box. These fit well, but there isn't a hole for these cords located near the shelf. I have the cords coming off the back of the boxes and cinched back and pulled into the center cord holding area. There is a hole under the tv, but it was also a bit low for my 42 inch tv and again I just pulled the cord back. We don't have anything of the bottom shelf yet, but it seems like that hole at least is placed well. The holes are quite large and you can see some cords hanging down through the holes. I am considering placing some kind of backing over the holes, but maybe I will just leave it, doesn't look that bad. This was easy to assemble, but would be difficult without two people.

Save 4% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment