Sunday, March 23, 2014

60" Wood TV Console with Mount

Walker Edison 60-Inch Wood TV Stand Console with Mount, Traditional BrownI really am enjoying my TV Console. It was exactly what I was looking for to mount my 52" flat screen TV on. The DVD/VHS storage area has no wasted space like most consoles do that you have to stack DVD's or VHS tapes behind the front row of them and can never see what they are unless you take all of the ones on the front out to read the labels on the back row. With the doors opening up as they do all of the titles can be read without going through the hassle of taking them out and having to put them back in every time your need one from the back.

The console is good and sturdy and I don't have any problems with the heavy TV being mounted on the frame and not being able to hold it up safetly, because the mount is good and sturdy.

The appearance of the unit is great and matches the decor of my room perfectly also.

The minor flaws are this;

#1) there should be a more sturdy way of securing the doors to the unit so that when you have the more weighty VHS tapes in the door itself, it doesn't cause the doors to sag. My right door won't stay up level, as it should because when I opened it up after putting all the VHS tapes that I had in it the hing or the screws wouldn't hold it in place and so it's a little off. I would suggest that if you buy this unit, DO NOT put VHS tapes on the door shelves, it can't handle the weight. I would suggest that you use those shelves for the light weight DVD's.

#2) The TV Mount pipe that attaches to the unit doesn't have any opened holes toward the bottom and top on the back to feed the wires and cables to the TV from the power amps, DVD players, console games etc. That would help to hide all the cords hanging from the TV to the back of the console. This problem can be remedied by buying some black zip ties and pulling the cords to the back of the mounting pipe where they will be out of sight and securing them to the pipe.

Overall I am very please with this console and still with the minor flaws mentioned would buy it again because it is better than anything else that I found on the market.

RDS

I absolutely love the console. Perfect for our 60" tv. My complaints are that it didn't come with bolts to mount the tv to it. Or at least I didn't receive them. Luckily, we had bought a universal wall mount for our other tv and it had 2 sets of bolts and thankfully, the bolts we weren't using for that tv are the bolts that we needed for it! And then the screws for the doors won't all tighten completely which is making the door sag a little and we don't have anything in it. Just need different screws to make it work better. Overall, the look is very nice and perfect with our decor and the tv looks great!!!!

Buy 60" Wood TV Console with Mount Now

It took 5 hours to put together but the finished product was just what we wanted. It had to fit in our living room on an angle and not topple over easily. There was some problem figuring out how to mount the TV so it wouldn't be too high. (Walker Edison 60 inch wood TV stand with mount, black). It wasn't all black.

Read Best Reviews of 60" Wood TV Console with Mount Here

the fasteners for the door hinges seem to be to small for the weight that doors were designed for. the doors were tipping toward the center causing them to rub on the base of the cabinet scratching the finish along the edge. using some larger and longer screws has solved this problem. I have a 70" flat screen sitting on top and it looks perfect. so I'm very pleased overall.

Want 60" Wood TV Console with Mount Discount?

First, it took me 5 hours to complete the entire assembly process (with was with taking my time to make sure I only have to do this once and 2 10 minute breaks). Even at best, plan to work on this for a few hours when you buy it. Also I cannot stress enough, have someone help you left this or use a hand cart with ratchet tie downs, it is long and heavy. I lift people for a living, and trust me you need help or you will hurt yourself or damage the product. Once it was all put together I was very pleased, it looks great, very solid.

NOW, here are my 3 concerns and problems that I think the company (Walker Edison, not MayFair) need to address.

#1 the corner feet for these suck royally. I'm sorry but if I'm trying to move it back and forth a few inches to get the right angle and have a foot slip off its annoying. Eventually one of them will break since they attach to the frame with two tiny wood dowels. The feet themselves are thick and solid, as they need to be for the weight, but the attaching mechanism really sucks for slight adjusting. If one breaks I'm just getting high end coaster wheels.

#2 Also the tv stand mount that comes with this is definitely heavy duty and will easily hold up my 55" TV. BUT, its not a higher end bracket system which they have on their other models. So we will see how installation of that goes today. I don't predict any major problems as its a lighter model TV, but its still 55". Believe me it the mount doesn't hold the TV properly I'm returning this item in a heartbeat, with a nasty gram attached.

#3 The doors are great, but they are a pain in the butt to level just right. I adjusted one twice and the other 3 times. Still not perfect, but better than originally and I don't want to strip the wood by inserting screws too many times into the same holes.

STILL all in all these are minor things when you look at what you get for your money. I would recommend this to anyone, its functional, sleek, and good quality (minus the before mentioned minor things).

Save 53% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment