Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Gorilla Rack GR5-3012-5IMP 5-Shelf 30-by-12-by-60-Inch Shelving Unit, Black

Gorilla Rack GR5-3012-5IMP 5-Shelf 30-by-12-by-60-Inch Shelving Unit, BlackI purchased three of these units as the size was correct for my application, and the gorilla rack name. Over the last several years I have put together about 11 gorilla rack systems. I have gotten used the the sturdy nature of the shelving and the ease of assembly. This rack is not like that. The metal uses for the posts and shelf supports is much thinner, 18 gauge I believe. It can be bent with fingers.

The fit and finish is good. When assembled in the 5 shelf configuration, mine have the tendency for the upper and lower posts to slide adjacent to each other, rather than the upper sitting on top of the lower. This has the effect for the upper set of shelves to poorly secured. I put 40 pounds bags on the upper 2 shelves (much lower then the 250 pound rating), and wiggled the shelf, and the upper part became even less secured. Customer support had no solution for my issue in this size rack.

In the 3 shelf units I bought, I had 4 long shelf supports that were too short. Customer support provided replacements, however it did take multiple tries to get the correct ones.

I asked to speak to a manager to share my concerns about diluting the reputation of gorilla rack with this type of product, but never got the promised callback.

I have three larger Gorilla shelves that went together quickly and look great. I bought this smaller unit for a corner in my garage. Several problems occured while assembling the unit. (1) When pounding the pins into place, the metal bent with a rubber mallet; this didn't happen with the larger units. Luckily, the metal could be bent back into shape. (2) One of the eyelets where the pins are secured was too wide and would not hold the pin. (3) While assembling the last shelf support, the metal buckled, so that side will go against the wall. I didn't give the unit 1 star because it will function, but its not worth the money. There must be better alternatives for shelving.

New info: The reason it buckled is because the shelf is too short on one side! ZERO STARS.

Buy Gorilla Rack GR5-3012-5IMP 5-Shelf 30-by-12-by-60-Inch Shelving Unit, Black Now

This is NOT a Gorilla shelf. We purchased several true Gorilla shelves approximately 12 years ago and they were WONDERFUL and cost the same as the one I just bought from Amazon. The old ones were VERY thick, heavy duty STEEL. I don't know what these are made of but it is NOT HEAVY DUTY. It's GARBAGE. Anyone giving this product a good review obviously works for the company. Gorilla shelves should now be called flimsy, thin, unstable, worthless, made in China, metal garbage. Save your money or try to buy an old used one.

Read Best Reviews of Gorilla Rack GR5-3012-5IMP 5-Shelf 30-by-12-by-60-Inch Shelving Unit, Black Here

Shelves were garbage. The easy snap together frame and shelves were anything but. Nothing lined up and the material it was made of was on the lowest quality. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE.

Want Gorilla Rack GR5-3012-5IMP 5-Shelf 30-by-12-by-60-Inch Shelving Unit, Black Discount?

Don't buy this item! It's not even a question of getting what you paid for. Extremely poor quality of materials. The metal used for the posts and shelf supports is thin and can be bent with fingers. The shelves are weak and probably couldn't hold much weight. Also, holes don't line up and shelves can't be attached to the posts. Not worth the money and when I went to return it, the vendor didn't even want it returned to them and told me to get rid of it and that I would be issued a credit refund. I guess they realize themselves that the item is a piece of junk.

Save 42% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment