Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sonax ZX-8680 Zurich Midnight Black TV Mount with Swivel Base for 37-Inch- 52-Inch TVs

Sonax ZX-8680 Zurich Midnight Black TV Mount with Swivel Base for 37-Inch- 52-Inch TVsI got this and saw it was made of particle board, so I sent it back. If you want cheap junk, buy this. Just know what you are getting. They try to use fancy words like "Engineered Wood," but make no mistake that what you will get is particle board with a black plastic coating. That's not what I wanted, so I sent it back. Also, a particle board tv stand has no business costing $230.

I read the reviews on this great-looking TV stand before I ordered it, and was aware that it was made from particle board, but I bought it anyway hoping that my experience would be more in line with the positive reviews. The heavily-braced box arrived today with no signs of distress to the packaging. I began assembly with extreme care, using hand tools to tighten the screws lest I strip anything, but the first time I picked up the perforated back board the vertical piece with holes in it for cords to pass through it simply snapped into two pieces. It broke across one of the hole cutouts, into two pieces. Imagine my dismay, assembling this stand at 11 PM on Dec 23rd, after having junked our old stand in today's trash. I'll ask the manufacturer for another piece to replace this one, but I'm quite leery about placing a $1000 flat panel on top of this incredibly cheap stand. Don't let the $269 price and nifty appearance fool you, this unit is probably worth about one-fifth of that. The lacquer finish is also partially delaminated and peeling away from the main back board, just icing on the cake!

Buy Sonax ZX-8680 Zurich Midnight Black TV Mount with Swivel Base for 37-Inch- 52-Inch TVs Now

While the Sonax stand looks very nice, we quickly discovered a huge drawback. We have a Vizio tv and cannot access the av plugs on the back of the tv once it is mounted. This means we cannot switch the cables to use a different video game system (have the Wii set up, but our daughter has a Smart Cycle and V-Smile game system) without removing the tv. HUGE hassle and so disappointing.

Another reviewer noted the lack of cable organization, which is also a drawback.

Read Best Reviews of Sonax ZX-8680 Zurich Midnight Black TV Mount with Swivel Base for 37-Inch- 52-Inch TVs Here

I normally like fully enclosed type TV stands but in this case I wanted to put it in a corner and save space so I bought this one. It took me about 2 hours to put it together and mount the TV. It all went together fairly easily but some of the pictorials could have been better. There is almost no verbiage in the directions, just all pictorials. There is at least one pictorial that should have been separated into two for clarity. The pictorials for mounting the brackets to the TV are lacking detail as well. Another con is that there is no wire management hole on the very bottom wood shelf. There was a small chip in the black laminate on a visible part of the inside frame on mine when I received it but I touched it up with a black felt pen and it looks fine.

Now that I have it all set up, it looks great. There were no missing parts. I still really don't like how the back is exposed so that I can see my white wall to the left and right of the center wire management board. I may staple some black felt on the backside to cover this but I haven't decided yet. Overall, the stand is of good quality. The assembly directions were not terrible but not great. All the parts were there for the build of the pedestal with one extra roller for the swivel base. They included plenty of different size screws, spacers, and washer to mount any TV! You will have extra TV mounting parts! And last but not least, the TV height is adjustable depending on what holes you use to mount it, plus or minus 5 inches.

I struggled with rating this with 4 stars. I would rate this with a 3.5 star rating if I could but rated it 4 stars as I don't think it deserves a lower 3 star rating.

Want Sonax ZX-8680 Zurich Midnight Black TV Mount with Swivel Base for 37-Inch- 52-Inch TVs Discount?

Waiting hours to talk to them. Wont accept returns. Take ages to get feed back from email. Sonax ZX-8680 Zurich Midnight Black TV Mount with Swivel Base for 37-Inch52-Inch TVs

Save 32% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment