Sunday, March 30, 2014

SEI 4-Column Cherry Media Shelf with 20 Storage Cubbies

SEI 4-Column Cherry Media Shelf with 20 Storage CubbiesIf I had a 'do over', I simply would not buy this unit. It is a really cheaply made piece of furniture. The shelves are not made of MDF but rather that chip board stuff that splits real easy. The horizontal shelves and vertical dividers are slotted 'egg crate' style which forms the cubicles when assembled. That idea is ok but since the shelves are made from 1/2" chip board the outer half of each shelf seems flimsy and easy to break off since it is not supported or secured in any way shape or form. The weight of CD's or DVD's won't break a shelf but I think if you accidently hit one hard enough with your hand the shelf will break off. The cubicles are actually too deep for CD's or DVD's. You get the impression of reaching into a hole to get the CD. I have seen this item for $145 and $200 on Amazon. I paid $145 for mine and I feel like I paid about twice what it is worth. If I had paid $200 for it I would be peaved!

Not to totally bash the product I will say that it looks okay, but only just barely okay and that would be from a distance. It does have a lot of storage space which it about the best thing going for it. If you want a nice quality product that will last years and years this is probably not the unit. If you are looking for cheap, then buy the $145 version and be happy. I would not recommend this unit to any one I know so therefore I will not recommend it to you either. I would rate it 1-1/2 stars but since that is not an option I'll round up to 2 stars. I wish I had a 'do over'.....really.

This looks really nice assembled and I have gotten several compliments on it. It is pretty good quality, but it could have been a little nicer for the price. There are some imperfections in the finish, small gaps where shelves connect and the underside of the top shelf is unfinished, but from a few feet away, these are barely visible. It was easy to assemble, heavy and stable even on carpet. It does come with straps to attach it to the wall, but I did not need to use them. You will probably want to use them if you have children. The box was pretty beat up when I received it, but the item was packed so well that it was not damaged.

Buy SEI 4-Column Cherry Media Shelf with 20 Storage Cubbies Now

Ever hear the old expression "you get what you pay for?" I have assembled stuff like this before, so no problem for me, but the instructions are not great. I had to back out the cam bolts slightly or they did not line up with the cam locks. The finish is very thin, the top was slightly scratched, and I will probably apply another coat of cherry Minwax from the hardware store to the top. On the plus side, the backing was actually wood instead of cardboard-type. All in all, it looks nice once assembled, and for the price, it's not bad at all.

Read Best Reviews of SEI 4-Column Cherry Media Shelf with 20 Storage Cubbies Here

I think after all is said and done the unit itself looks good. It was a pain is the butt to put together. We put the unit together, after much difficulty, only to find out that the back for the item was not flush with the rest of the unit. There was a gap between the top piece and the vertical pieces. With some gorilla wood glue and clamps we were able to fix it. Also the cam bolts/screws are horrible that come with the unit. My suggestion, go to your hardware store and buy your own. They are cheap, like 2-3 dollars for a set of 5-6. Once all was said an done however my girlfriend and I love the piece. Perfect for putting your dvd's in. You can fit about 13 dvd's per section so a total of about 260. We love the look it adds to our living room space. Looks great with the tv hung above it :)

Want SEI 4-Column Cherry Media Shelf with 20 Storage Cubbies Discount?

Very nicely made, looks great. I am very happy with this purchase. I have CDs on some shelves, and Lladros on others, and it is a very nice-looking and practical piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment