Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Simpli Home AXWELL3-005 Acadian Collection 54-Inch Tv Stand, Rich Tobacco Brown, 1-Pack

Simpli Home AXWELL3-005 Acadian Collection 54-Inch Tv Stand, Rich Tobacco Brown, 1-PackI spent time looking for a stand that matched the width of my 59" Samsung and this fit the bill at 54" wide(verified this myself top edge to edge).

It's all solid wood. There were a few tweaks I did to get things dead on.

The doors were a touch off so I put a few layers of tape under one hinge to align the doors better.

I used Titebond II wood glue on all screws and pegs.

I was installing the screws using a drill with a clutch on it's next to tightest setting and they'd keep turning once the screw was fully. Didn't seem like they should strip like this, so I put two halfs of a round toothpick in each hole (old woodworking trick) and some glue on the screws and they went in very solid.

My AV gear was 15" deep(not including the protruding speaker connectors off the back) and the AV openings are 15 1/2" deep from the front bottom edge to the back wall inside the AV opening. I ended up cutting a square hole in the back just large enough(~1/2" all around for wiggle room) for my receiver and HTPC to poke out the back a few inches which worked nicely.

I did like that the AV opening is 21" wide so there's room for air circulation around your gear.

I took a star off as I felt the screws were a little narrow and didn't get the purchase they should when screwed in and the door hinges needed some truing with shims behind the hinges.

Though, that being said, I'd buy another if needed in a second if it's the width I required. It's a great looking stand for the price.

We ordered this product because the price was good and it says it's made of solid wood. The first day the product arrived, we opened the package to find the front completely damaged. Amazon was awesome and had UPS pick it up and sent a new one out the next day. The second package we got also had damage, but we can fix it with wool glue but the package came without directions. So we're having a fun time putting it together. The product itself is made of nice wood, but the construction seems sort of shotty...I guess you get what you pay for. The product and shipping of this made it a hassle, but Amazon customer service has been super helpful so it's made this process easier to deal with.

Buy Simpli Home AXWELL3-005 Acadian Collection 54-Inch Tv Stand, Rich Tobacco Brown, 1-Pack Now

This was a very nice cabinet i was impressed when I started putting it together. The finish is thick and takes quite a bit of sanding to get through for bonding. The cabinet went together smoothly until I got to the doors which have pre drilled holes for the hinges. The hinge holes didnt line up and I had to clamp the doors in place and drill all new holes for the hinges. After doing this the cabinets turned out nicley and I am very happy with them.

Read Best Reviews of Simpli Home AXWELL3-005 Acadian Collection 54-Inch Tv Stand, Rich Tobacco Brown, 1-Pack Here

No comments:

Post a Comment