Sunday, April 6, 2014

TechCraft Xii50W 50-Inch Wide Flat Panel TV Stand - Walnut Accents

TechCraft Xii50W 50-Inch Wide Flat Panel TV Stand - Walnut Accents
  • 50 Inches Wide Walnut veneer flat panel stand with Black glass and Black metal braces
  • Fits most 50 Inches and smaller flat panel TV's
  • Ample space for components
  • Sleek and modern design

I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality and ease of assembly of this stand. It is larger than I expected and my 42 inch looked wimpy sitting on the 60 inch, so I ordered a second one once I was certain that I loved it. This stand comes in three sizes, a 42, 50 and 60 inch stand. I have the 42 and the 60 inch. The 42 holds my 42 inch TV perfectly. The 60 is a little large for my 46 inch screen...but not bad and I expect to upgrade to a larger screen at some point. This stand is deep enough for a much thicker TV if necessary, but flat screens look great on it. The two lower shelves provide ample room for any electronics that you may use. We have video games, DVD, DVR, cable boxes, you name it. Plenty of room for lots of items. There are Velcro bands on the back of the stand to help organize and hide the messy cables and cords.

The ONLY problem I had putting it together was that I was unaware that the three pieces of glass are different sizes (duh, I know). Anyway, when you put this together, remember that the largest piece is the top glass, the smallest piece of glass goes in the middle rack and the medium piece of glass is the bottom shelf.

**update**. I just came back to purchase another one of these for a different room. The price is still great and the quality is still as good as the first two...which are hanging in there and still look like new a couple of years later. Friends often ask where I got the stands. It is a very high quality piece for so few pesos. I had forgotten how inexpensive it was!

Buy TechCraft Xii50W 50-Inch Wide Flat Panel TV Stand - Walnut Accents Now

Just purchased a 55" LCD TV and needed a stand. I didn't want to spend a lot of money because we are moving soon and didn't want to be strapped with piece of furniture that might not match our new home. After looking at what seemed to be hundreds of different stands I kept coming back to this one because of the looks and the price. Another huge factor was all the positive reviews. After purchasing it and putting it together I must agree, WOW what a steal. The wood is actually REAL wood! not particle board and laminate. It matches our current furniture perfectly however its style would probably fit in just about anywhere. Its simple yet elegant. I really can't believe the price though. Looks and build quality is on par with stands we've seen in stores for $400 and up.

Delivery:

I was impressed with the packaging. They added 4 long strips of very thick cardboard that was longer then the box to each corner. It appeared by doing this that it prevented it from being placed on angles that would allow it to tip over. Very smart as this caused the delivery service (in my case UPS)to keep it flat at all times. Delivery was fast as usual with Amazon, I have Amazon Prime and needed it fast so I opted for next day for $3.99.

Assembly:

Construction was easy, did it myself in about 1/2 hour. The instructions are easy enough to follow, most parts are marked. Theres really not much to it, only a few screws and 6 major parts (excluding the glass). I recommend placing the piece first before putting the glass shelves on just because they add the weight. It holds my 75lb 55" TV as well as a 20lb center channel, a sony receiver, Directv receiver, Apple TV and Bluray player with room to spare.

Pros:

Looks great, Real Wood!, Easy assembly, PRICE PRICE PRICE!

Cons:

For this price and quality its hard to come up with a negative thing to say. It does what it claims, looks great doing it.

Bottom Line: If you like the looks of this stand GET IT! seriously, at $135 it's a super deal and you wont be disappointed.

Read Best Reviews of TechCraft Xii50W 50-Inch Wide Flat Panel TV Stand - Walnut Accents Here

Ordered this as a gift for my father's birthday, and neither of us could be more impressed. The packaging it came in was adequate, nothing came damaged or scuffed in anyway. Putting it together took about 15-20 minutes, the only confusing part was that there were no clear markings to which order the glass shelves went in, I had to play around with them and figure it out myself based on their sizes, which only took about 5 minutes. Once all built and in place, the stand was very solid, no wobble at all, and holds my father's 47" Samsung and components perfectly. The stand looks terrific, and goes perfectly with all the black/dark colored flat panel TV's out there these days. If you're on the fence about purchasing this, go ahead and get it! You're not going to find a better deal at this price on a well-made TV stand such as this one.

Want TechCraft Xii50W 50-Inch Wide Flat Panel TV Stand - Walnut Accents Discount?

This stand looks great and is very well built. Very simplistic in design. You can't tell from the pictures, but the back plate is 3/4 inch thick heavy pressboard but has a very nice looking dark walnut type of wood grain veneer on both sides, similar in color as the front legs. The metal square tube frame that holds up the glass shelves has a high gloss black finish. An advantage I think over other stands is that this has no mid-walls at the shelves, so its 60 inches of wide open space to put whatever you want on them. For those wanting more dimensional information, these can be found at the TechCraft website. The upper shelf height is stated as 7 1/2" and the bottom shelf height is 8 1/4". However, this is the height for inserting your equipment via the front. Because the glass sits on top of horizontal front bars, you can squeeze about a half inch more in height by inserting items from the side. I installed bookshelf speakers that were exactly 8 inches tall (actually a width dimension but I turned them on their side) on the upper shelf by sliding them in from the side. I think 8 inches is a very common dimension for these type of speakers so I thought it was worth mentioning. I placed my stand in the corner of my room and the rounded back edges makes this look great. Because I tend to rewire and buy new components all the time, I added "magic sliders" to the bottom edge of the back plate and the bottoms of the two legs so that even with all of the weight on the stand it can be moved around so I can get to the wiring behind the unit. Since it's only supported by two front legs and the back plate, I thought that pulling and dragging it across carpet might put too much strain on the stand even though it is solidly built.

Save 54% Off

This is excellent and the one I got is cherry, not walmut. They did a great job of packing this. It was more work getting it out of the box then putting it together. It took me about a half a hour to put it together and I wasn't racing. Its a one man job putting it together, but it would be easier having a second person help you get out of the box. You don't want to do the X-Acto knife trick on the box in case you have to send it back for some reason. Its very good looking, and very solid. I haven't seen anything for $130 that compares to this.

I got a 16" DVR, a 13.2" center speaker and a 16.9" DVD/VCR on the bottom shelf with not much room left. The bottom shelf is a smidge less then 46.75". Thats measuring from inside post to inside post.

Go to the TechCraft website and you will find a PDF file for assembly, and you will see a dimension drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment