Saturday, June 21, 2014

Guidecraft 4-Sided Library Wood Bookcase

Guidecraft 4-Sided Library Wood BookcaseI've search long and hard for just the right bookshelf for our kids. I definitely wanted something that had a display case so the kids could actually see the books and not just the spines. But display cases alone take up a lot of space and don't store as much as ordinary bookshelves. This provided the perfect solution. My next dilemma was deciding between this one from GuideCraft and a very similar one from Jonti-Craft. I made my decision on the fact that this one has 3 shelves instead of 4. The 4 FIXED display shelves would limit which books I could display. In other words, I wouldn't be able to display large books if I wanted to. When I received the library and assembled it, I was extremely pleased with my choice. It is very strong and sturdy, good quality stuff. It will last us very long and the kids won't "outgrow" it (can be used into adult years). It was also less expensive than the Jonti-Craft. http://www.amazon.com/Jonti-Craft-47-H-Media-Tower/dp/B000RTNCHW/ref=pd_ybh_22?pf_rd_p=280800601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_i=ybh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0G97HM2GW7VS828D8RYQ

As much as I like it, there is one thing I feel would have made it absolutely perfect. That is if they would have made it to sit on a turntable of some sort so it could rotate perfectly without moving the entire base. Although the wheels work fine, you have to rotate the entire library, which isn't a smooth circular motion. Hope I explained that ok. If it wasn't for that, I would have given it 5 stars.

A very well-built and solid product. The pieces are well-sanded and smooth. We are using it in our living room. Only complaint is that the wheels are really cheap, never allowed the unit to rotate well, and collapsed after a few months because we put a lot of heavy books in it. We replaced the wheels with silicone skateboard wheels and now it looks and works really well.

Buy Guidecraft 4-Sided Library Wood Bookcase Now

The bookcase is sturdy and durable. It holds many books and its design makes it easy to access books from all sides. I especially like that there are sides to display your child's "favorite" books. It is a great piece and well worth the price.

Read Best Reviews of Guidecraft 4-Sided Library Wood Bookcase Here

The only thing I would caution someone about is the large footprint of this item. You can't place it too close to a wall without blocking access to some of the shelves. As long as you have the space for it though, this unit stores tons of books and toys and is very sturdy.

Want Guidecraft 4-Sided Library Wood Bookcase Discount?

This book shelf looks amazing! Yes it is big, but I love it! The wheels did not work for us since the floor we put the book shelf was a playmat material so I purchased a lazy susan bracket and screwed it under the book shelf and it spins around beautifully! I purchased the lazy susan right on amazon.com. It cost $7.77 and it holds up to 1000 lbs! My 4 yr old loves her new spinning book shelf!

Save 42% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment