Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Plano Molding 9618-00 Heavy Duty Interlocking Shelving

Plano Molding 9618-00 Heavy Duty Interlocking ShelvingPurchased this shelving system for all of my husband's many tools. It is a solid system and can hold a good amount of moderately heavy items such as drills and hand saws. I followed the directions given with this product stating the maximum weight each shelve could hold. Overall, a nice product helps keep the garage organized so the tools are not all over the place and there is space for the car.

very sturdy shelves, but yes, they were hard to fit together as the tubes were so tight with the holes. after calling plano, the solution is simple: use a lubricant like WD-40 and if necessary, a flat piece of wood (to avoid hitting the plastic directly and spread out the force) and a light duty hammer.

Buy Plano Molding 9618-00 Heavy Duty Interlocking Shelving Now

After looking at flimsy steel shelving overrated to misleading weights with paint that will likely not prevent rust, I chose this unit. I also looked at other plastic shelves made of thinner or seemingly brittle plastic. Some plastic shelves have an inherently weak design. This shelf seems to be made from a strong yet not brittle plastic with a strong design. It has confidently handled my storage of car parts and tools; so well that I bought a second and, recently, a third. My only complaint is that it is not deeper.

Although it took some effort, I fit it together without a hammer (I am a man of modest size and strength at that). I think it takes me about fifteen minutes to unpack and assemble. The two minutes or whatever could only come with practice and the intent of breaking a record.

Read Best Reviews of Plano Molding 9618-00 Heavy Duty Interlocking Shelving Here

I'm a big fan of heavy-duty plastic shelving for my basement, but the interlocking feature is key for me. Used to be able to buy them at Lowes or Home Depot, but seems like they're now interested in slightly cheaper sets with no interlock.

The interlock feature allows for a row of 3 or 4 shelf sets to be much more stable, and the weight of the whole unit stabilizes an individual shelf. Good stuff !

Want Plano Molding 9618-00 Heavy Duty Interlocking Shelving Discount?

This unit doesn't compare favorably with the unit I purchased at Sam's Club a few years ago. It's just ok for my purpose. My real gripe is that it arrived in pieces. Four of the five shelves had the side tabs broken off. The tabs are what lock it to a companion unit if desired. It had obviously been dropped but the packaging did not show evidence of abuse. So I suspect I was sent a damaged unit. I put this in a far corner of a storage room and the structural integrity appears ok. If this was destined for a location that could be seen, it would be on it's way back by now. I would not buy this again even if not broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment