Thursday, July 3, 2014

Spice Rack Storage/Organizer- Organizes 12 spice jars

Spice Rack Storage/Organizer- Organizes 12 spice jarsI love these. I got 2 sets and attached them to the side of a shelf in my pantry which was "dead" space. It freed up shelf space and they're all right there with labels facing, easy to find a certain spice when I need it. Also, they're grooved, which allows them to be easily cut apart, so you can easily adjust how many you want in each row.

After four years, the tape strips began to dry out and they started falling down. Still, not bad for 4 years of daily use! I looked for new spice racks and then decided that I still like these the best so purchased some double-sided tape and stuck them back up again.

One reviewer wondered if they will stretch out -They will. A larger bottle can be forced onto the clip and the clip will adjust to fit it. You just have to put the same spice bottle back onto the same clip and it's not a problem. I did notice that, in the 2 weeks it took me to get around to getting the tape to stick them back up with (while they weren't being used) that the clips that were stretched reverted back to their original size.

One reviewer said that you need to heat the glue tape. Mine didn't require that. They come with foam strips that are coated with glue on each side. You just pull the protective paper off and stick them up. (I attached them to the side of a formica covered shelf.) As I mentioned, mine stayed up for 4 years.

For those that don't want to use the permanent adhesive that comes with the clips, or bother with screws, buy some 3M Command strips. I've found them to hold well, and they are easy to remove without damaging most surfaces. Just check the weight limit to make sure the strips you use can support several spice jars. Two or three strips per row should be enough.

After reading that the arms are prone to breaking off, I think I will affix each clip individually, so I can just replace any broken clip without taking down the entire row.

Buy Spice Rack Storage/Organizer- Organizes 12 spice jars Now

I bought these a few years back. Put them from top to bottom of one of my cabinet doors. Worked great till the little "arms" started breaking off or weakening enough to lose the spice bottle. Now I have about 1/3 of them stuck to my door with no "arms" and I'm still trying to figure out how to remove them without ruining the wood.

Read Best Reviews of Spice Rack Storage/Organizer- Organizes 12 spice jars Here

These are the perfect solution for easy access to spices without having them on the countertop or backsplash where grease and dust can accumulate on them. **But** be very careful when installing the clips the adhesive is SO strong that once applied, the clip set absolutely cannot be moved without destroying the adhesive and leaving quite a mess on the door.

I have a new Kraftmaid 12 inch cabinet next to the stove. I installed six strips on the inside of the cobinet door. They now hold 24 spice bottles of various sizes and shapes. Each strip of clips fits precisely within the cabinet door opening, but there's no room for error. Wider cabinets can accommodate additional clips, since each strip of clips is scored so that one or more may be removed from a strip to be used along side of another strip or singly.

Before installing them, be sure your shelves are in their final, optimal position within the cabinet because moving a shelf once the clips are installed may leave you with the now immovable clips in the wrong place. Before removing the adhesive's backing, determine which bottles will be on which strips because the strips must be placed so that bottle's tops, bottoms and sides clear both the shelves and the cabinet's fascia when the door is closed.

The clips work much better with light weight plastic bottles heavier glass bottles tend to slip out of the clips due to their weight. But I have been able to use some glass bottles by wrapping several rubber bands tightly around them just above where the clips hold them. The instructions suggest using plastic bottles with a maximum diameter of no greater than 1 ¾ inches, and between 2 and 4 inches in length.

I've ordered additional clips because I now see how many other uses around the home, boat and RV they can have. I'm considering using separated clips vertically in a parallel fashion to hold fishing rods. I'm also considering using them to hold light cleaning tools, small spray bottles and prescription bottles. I may even start saving empty spice jars to use with the clips to store small nails and such in the garage.

Want Spice Rack Storage/Organizer- Organizes 12 spice jars Discount?

When I first got these I loved them. They saved so much room and allowed me to be so much more organized. However they are made of a rather thin plastic and after a while the arms tend to break off and you are left with lots of broken spaces with nowhere to store your spices again. Once again I'm searching for a great spice organizing solution. All in all I would not recommend these due to the lack of long term durability.

No comments:

Post a Comment