Tuesday, August 5, 2014

14 x 48 Black Shelf by InterMetro

14 x 48 Black Shelf by InterMetroSimply put this product is fantastic for its simple functionality and form. I was first introduced to the metro shelving (commercial) components on the job in retail and restaurant environments. Both locations used metroshelving in various configurations to store large amounts of merchandise and food. Worked well in a houseware store environment, where hundreds of pounds of heavy merchandise (cast iron, steel, ceramics) were nicely and securely displayed. In the restaurant environment this stuff was used all over, from the wait stations to kitchen pantries to walk-in fridges and freezers. With the Intermetro line, the same flexibility and functionality is available for the home price point and decor. When I moved into an apartment with literally no storage space in the large kitchen (the rest of the place, including the view of the Hudson River made up for that) I immediately went in search of options. I did not hesitate when I discovered the Intermetro product was available. Five 18"x48" shelves and four 60" posts created created a nice "pantry" for my kitchen, with cast iron and stainless steel pots on the two shelves, dry goods in the middle, appliances above those, and microwave and other items on top, I had easily solved my space needs, and in a way that was not expensive or intrusive to the room, as I picked white, and was able to situate the unit in front of a window with no loss of light or ventilation. Add a few hooks and accessories (drawer, shelf liner) and I was good to go. It served me well in that apt for 6 years, and now that I have moved to a house with lots of kitchen cabinets the shelving unit has found its place in the garage housing all the spare stuff that gathers in garages (AC units, tools, marble tiles, etc). All of that being said, I would highly recommend this product to any one needing some easily prepared but durable storage. Buy it once and it will last a lifetime of multiple uses. btw, did I mention that it was easy to put together, store and transport? Purchase this with confidence of satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment