Saturday, August 23, 2014

Ever Concept 6-Tier Rolling Storage Cart

Ever Concept 6-Tier Rolling Storage CartI bought this to replace a jelly cupboard that stored our pantry items when I realized we needed storage with better air circulation. (The jelly cupboard was positioned directly against the fridge, and condensation started dripping inside it.)

The assembly is simple enough to do without even looking at the instructions, as I have put together about 15 similarly designed shelving units. The manufacturer even supplies 6 spare plastic sleeves, which is great because the plastic is easily breakable. But I did encounter something with this unit more often than in any of the other units. These plastic sleeves would slip off or down extremely easily when I tried to put each shelf on. But once in place, they are very secure.

These shelving units are super strong and you can easily change the shelf heights as needed. Just take note that each shelf has about a 1-inch high outer rim all around it. This might preclude you from storing, say, books wider than the usable shelf depth of just about 9.75 inches.

The wheels* do not have to be used; 4 leveling feet are provided and can be substituted instead. But since I move furniture around almost weekly, I opted for the wheels. Plus, I can roll it aside to vacuum well, theoretically that is, as I don't do this sort of thing as often as I should. But good to know!

* Top heavy? Yes, this unit can become wobbly from being top-heavy. If you DO use the wheels, make sure each wheel is pointed outward from the base. Doing so will reduce _but not entirely eliminate_ the instability. Whether or not the wheels are used, make sure the bottom shelf holds heavy items.

I have another one of these but from a catalog. This one isn't as good, but I have no problem with it. I'd likely buy another one if the need arose. It rolls ok, is sturdy enough for my purposes, (canned goods) and is a great size. The finish isn't as smooth and there's no handle like in the one from the catalog for $20 more. Maybe the finish won't last as long, I don't know, time will tell. For now, I am happy with my purchase.

Buy Ever Concept 6-Tier Rolling Storage Cart Now

I think this will work out well once I receive a set with both the upper rods and lower rods. The upper rods need a male end to properly screw into the female end of the lower rods but my package had 8 female rods so I was unable to assemble it. The package arrived earlier than expected (yippee!) but I was unhappy to discover that the people packing the shelves had put 4 female rods in the upper rod carton and had capped them off, even though female to female ends won't work. My goal was to have a tall, narrow pull-out shelving unit on wheels to make my pantry more accessible (avoid losing those seldom-used foodstuffs tucked way, way in back) and to be able to easily clean the floor. It's not Amazon's fault that the manufacturer shipped incorrect parts, but it's dreadfully inconvenient to attempt to repackage it in the carton and to haul it to the PO and mail it out, awaiting a refund and replacement. It would have been much simpler to mail back the 4 incorrect rods and to receive 4 replacement upper rods. (Simpler and less costly, too.) The other issue I'm having is that the plastic "wrappers" which surround the rods and provide support for the shelves are not holding well. I have assembled probably 5 of this type of shelving and have never had bad luck with all the plastic spacers, so I'm hoping the replacement fits together better.

Read Best Reviews of Ever Concept 6-Tier Rolling Storage Cart Here

We have ordered lots of wire shelving from Amazon and purchased in stores and have always been happy with how well made and handy it is. We never had this particular brand before but it had just the right measurements for a tight space plus wheels.

When we unpacked it there were NO wheels in the box! Even worse one of the shelves was bent, there was a broken weld and the shelves were not correct and would have forced us to put them on upside down!

My husband and I have put together lots of these types of units so its not like we didn't know how. The entire thing was very shoddy and instead of one long sturdy bar it was several that needed to be fitted together.

We were lucky it was sold through Amazon, they sent a call tag for the item and UPS picked up the heavy box today. I had to write this review to warn others there is a chance you might have the same experience. I hope not because it was disapointing and now we are out a set of shelves. We asked for a refund because I can't take another chance of poor quality control. Thanks to Amazon for making the return painless, they are great!

Want Ever Concept 6-Tier Rolling Storage Cart Discount?

I have to admit, I trolled the internet to find another cart so I wouldn't have to buy this one because of the poor reviews regarding pieces missing, bent etc. Well, I failed to find one so I held my nose and bought it. It came wholly complete and in excellent condition. It came together in about half an hour (I put two larger ones together the same week and this one was a cinch because it was so small in comparison).

I have a small kitchen and this now holds my cookbooks, glasses (I don't entirely trust the grates to hold glasses sturdily so I'm looking for some thick plastic to put down so for now I have 9" bungees that I use to tie off my pants when I bike, well these do quite well to hold everything in). I'm really pleased I took a chance on this product and I would highly recommend it to other people.

Save 1% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment