Friday, August 29, 2014

Pearl Mantels 412-60-50 Shenandoah Pine 60-Inch Fireplace Mantel Shelf, Rustic

Pearl Mantels 412-60-50 Shenandoah Pine 60-Inch Fireplace Mantel Shelf, RusticAt first I was very happy with this mantel. It gave us the exact look we wanted, until we stained it. I knew going in Pine does not accept stain great but there is so much wood filler and glue alll over this thing that you do not see when it is unfinished. Then when you rub the stain on there are huge areas that the stain won't stick to. Now I have no choice but to paint it:( Very disappointed.

This beautiful mantel shelf has totally transformed what I previously thought was an ugly fireplace. I almost didn't buy the house because of it. I was hesitant to buy a shelf online, but trusted Amazon, so I went ahead with the purchase. It is easy to install, only taking about 30 minutes once you decide where to hang it, and is very sturdy. The corbels that come with it put the finishing touches on it. My fireplace has now become the beautiful focal point of my living room! Everyone raves about it. The rustic oak I selected from Pearl Mantels was just what it needed for the transformation! I'm so happy.

Buy Pearl Mantels 412-60-50 Shenandoah Pine 60-Inch Fireplace Mantel Shelf, Rustic Now

I received my mantle in great condition. I opened the box and was in awe. I ordered the already stained rustic and for my application, it is amazing. I have to say for my application, if I were to have used only the shelf hanger it would have been very easy install. I chose to use the hanger and the corbels which I had to modify. I love the result though. The corbels in my opinion make the mantle come to life. Be advised it is NOT a solid block of wood. It is a hollow frame of thick pine. I can't be positive but I thought the description said"solid".

I would buy this again. Huge improvement from what the house had.

Read Best Reviews of Pearl Mantels 412-60-50 Shenandoah Pine 60-Inch Fireplace Mantel Shelf, Rustic Here

We love our new mantle! We got the unfinished one, then used American Walnut from Lowes and it looks amazing. It was very easy to stain and easy to install. It adds so much to our fireplace. We did not use the corbels since ours was going on above our slate surround and they line up flush with the back of the mantel and the tiles were about 1/4" thick.

Want Pearl Mantels 412-60-50 Shenandoah Pine 60-Inch Fireplace Mantel Shelf, Rustic Discount?

Clean unfinished base, no additional sanding needed. Conditioned and stained very nicely the optional corbels is a great feature. Some of the "rustic" finishes look too forced and not natural but the effect is still wonderful

Save 36% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment