Thursday, August 7, 2014

Sauder Beginnings 5-shelf Bookcase - Cinnamon Cherry

Sauder Beginnings 5-shelf Bookcase - CinnamonThis unit is a good value. Not great quality, but good for the price. All pieces arrived in good condition and it was very easy to assemble. It looks nice in my home office and gives me a lot of extra space to store books, magazines, etc. Just be aware, it is one of those units where all "non-visible" surfaces are unfinished. It is assembled in two sections and the cardboard faux-wood back pieces are what stabilize the unit once they're nailed on. It seems sturdy enough for my needs, but just be aware not to expect more.

It's a cheaply made shelf and you have to put it all together from scratch, but we were looking for a temporary unit and this one fits the bill.

Buy Sauder Beginnings 5-shelf Bookcase - Cinnamon Cherry Now

Attractively finished, easy to assemble, solidly made. Even has wood grain tape circles to cover the screw heads, so you don't see them.

The 24-inch width was a perfect fit for the space we had. I never knew how hard it is to find this size bookcase!

Read Best Reviews of Sauder Beginnings 5-shelf Bookcase - Cinnamon Cherry Here

...could have been better. Stacking this case the way presented in the picture would have required a brace of some kind for the wall. I still didn't want to take a chance on the thing toppling over, I opted to keep both case sets side by side. Since there wasn't a top covering for the second book case (it was meant to be stacked), I had one cut for me at Lowes Hardware store from particle board. I'm going to stain it the same color as the book case. Apart from that, I'm pretty satisfied. The case holds all my books without a wooble. Be sure to properly secure the cardboard backing to the case with regularly placed nails (included) before you load on the books.

....UPDATE! (8-30-2012):

Following up on my initial review, I decided to stack the book case after all. I placed some wood slats under the case for hard support on my carpet. It works! I didn't even have to bolt the top case to the wall or socket wrench the units together. The entire setup leans back slightly towards the wall, which is fine. There is no sliding or wobbling of the upper unit of shelves; the weight of the books adds stability. I now have more room...and don't I know it.

Want Sauder Beginnings 5-shelf Bookcase - Cinnamon Cherry Discount?

This bookcase came yesterday. Took about 30 minutes to put together. The back is cardboard, so you end up with a kind of funny looking back, but the manufacturer provides these great stickers to put over the nails and everything. Looks great from a few feet away. This case fit nearly my entire library from 4 years as a lit major in college (no small library) and seems very sturdy. My only concern is tipping, but a bracket for the wall was included, my drywall just isn't very sturdy and wouldn't hold. I put an extra book under the front side for added stability and that seems to be working great.

Save 16% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment