Thursday, August 14, 2014

Spectrum GA4030WHKIT Wallscapes Gallery 12 by 16 by 3/4-Inch, White, Shelf Kit

Spectrum GA4030WHKIT Wallscapes Gallery 12 by 16 by 3/4-Inch, White, Shelf KitWhen I first installed two of these, I kind of freaked because it just looked like a white board sticking out of the wall...very strange looking! But once I put things on the shelf, it looked great!

The instructions are terrible but you can tell what to do just by looking at the diagram and the pieces provided. Assembly is very easy and quick as long as you know how to mount something on a wall using wall studs or mollies and a level. The tape that came with it seemed useless but I used it anyway.

The only problem was that I wanted to attach the 2 shelves together next to each other. The instructions say something like, "Use the metal brackets in the accessory kit to attach two shelves together." That's IT. No diagram, no hints, nothing! Apparently the "accessory kit" is enclosed, (includes the endcaps that make the shelves look neater when viewed from the side), but there are no instructions as to how to use the two little metal thingies that are presumably the brackets to attach shelves together.

I have been the official handyman in my house for many, many years now but I was confounded by those little brackets. I just installed the two shelves next to each other with one endcap between them for looks, made sure they were level, and screwed them in. Who needs the stupid little brackets anyway if they won't tell you how to install them?!

Anyway the shelves look great despite the lack of attachment brackets. It's a very contemporary look.

Save 3% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment