Friday, September 5, 2014

AVF ES250B-T Wall Mounted AV Component Shelving System with 2 Adjustable Tempered Glass Shelves -Bl

AVF ES250B-T Wall Mounted AV Component Shelving System with 2 Adjustable Tempered Glass Shelves -BlackThis was delivered in one day. Good Condition. Picture instructions easy to follow.

Wasn't a wood stud where it needed to be installed. I tried using supplied drywall anchors and screws. The plastic anchors messed up using an electric drill and screws were to large.

I had the common problem of creating a rounded out hole to big for the anchors.(stuff happens!) So,I checked my surplus hardware stash and found two metal drywall anchors with the spring loaded wing-nuts that lockup against the inside of the drywall. These are the best for any weight bearing install.

I didn't rate the shelf system 5 stars because of the supplied anchors & screws.

The shelf system was great and goodlooking. A very sturdy shelf holds the cable box and above on the next shelf is my blu-ray player. Adjusting the shelves was easy. I really liked being able to arrange all cables neatly through cableways on each side of the base and behind the shelf holders. This made a nice clean setup. Very pleased with the final results.

I experienced no instability in any of the shelves as I read in some review. This my be because of the use of the supplied anchoring hardware. Before install, go to the hardware store and get better hardware for the drywall. In my opinion, the metal wing-nut toggle bolt type are the best for load bearing shelving.

I for one am all about aesthetic appeal when it comes to our television setup in each of our rooms in our homes. I am a wire hider, I would rather climb up in a 130F attic and hide wires than see them any day. We purchased this product for my son's setup in his room, we mounted it right next to his 47" TV and he keeps his Playstation and XBox on each shelf, the wires are nearly completely hidden as they're so close to the TV that they simply are running directly behind and plugged in (excess is wound up and zip tied behind the TV). We chose to mount the shelf to the side of the Television because he had a shelf below with his stereo, etc, and the aesthetic appearance worked better off to the side. It would look amazing with one set on each side, but he has no need for two sets. The product was very easily assembled, and the glass and finish gives it a very contemporary look. I would recommend this product all day long.

Hope that helps you with your purchasing decision.

Thanks for reading!

Buy AVF ES250B-T Wall Mounted AV Component Shelving System with 2 Adjustable Tempered Glass Shelves -Bl Now

I purchased this shelf to hold my cable DVR and my DVD player when I was relocating my flat-screen TV above my mantle. I didn't want to have a bunch of wires and items near the floor, so I wanted something attractive to hold the equipment that I could mount next to the TV.

Overall the shelves are a good value. The instructions are clear but in photo-only format. I glanced over them but, being a guy, I forged ahead without understanding them at all. Luckily for me, the parts are really easy to figure out.

I was mounting the shelves in brick, so I did not encounter the problem that others have stated with regards to the drywall anchors. That said, I would never mount something like this in just drywall using the drywall anchors. The screws either need to go into a wood stud or you should use a toggle bolt/anchor bolt to get a good clamp on the other side of the sheet rock. If you don't know what a toggle or anchor bolt is, don't be afraid -they are actually easier to use than you think and you can see a sample right here (http://www.amazon.com/Plated-Steel-Toggle-Slotted-Length/dp/B00137CITU/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1330713516&sr=8-10). Just drill a hole, slip the toggle bolt into place with the shelf backing in the middle, and stick it through the hole, then use a screwdriver to tighten.

Once mounted it was easy to feed the wires through the built-in spaces to collect them nicely. The shelves took about five minutes to screw in with the supplied allen.

-----

For those of you using the supplied drywall anchors, let me make a suggestion -drill a smaller hole FIRST, as a pilot hole. And if you are using a powerdrill, let the drill do the work, but don't put it on the highest speed available, and don't PUSH too hard to get the anchor in, otherwise, it'll smoosh it.

------

As far as instability, there are two types. There's the back mount piece that can be unstable, and then there's the shelf instability itself.

Regarding the back piece, I cannot say that was unstable since I mounted it in brick using lag bolts and sheaths. For those mounting in drywall, I suggest using toggle bolts instead.

Regarding the shelves themselves, they do rock back and forth quite a bit when they are put in place. The shelves aren't screwed in at all. instead, they fit inside a little clip and rest upon some rubber feet on top of the shelf support. I can see it being very easy to bump these shelves and have stuff fall down or off. Where I mounted the equipment this is not a big deal, but for others it may be. If you have a cat that likes to climb, I don;t think I would recommend getting these shelves unless they are out of the way.

-----------

PROs: attractive appearance, good price/value, easy install. Collects and hides wires well. A similar shelf unit retails for $149 at Best Buy.

Cons: shelves rock back and forth in the shelf clip, and feel a little insecure.

Read Best Reviews of AVF ES250B-T Wall Mounted AV Component Shelving System with 2 Adjustable Tempered Glass Shelves -Bl Here

I was looking for a cheap wall shelf unit, but I wish I would've shopped more. This unit is very visually pleasing; however, lacks stability. The drywall anchors that come with it don't work very well. I eventually made them work, but recommend getting other anchors if you have the choice. I got the anchors tight to the wall, but the shelves will sway side to side way more than I expect if bumped. The shelf looks very nice if you put it up away from contact, but I fear things may fall off them as wobbly as they are.

Want AVF ES250B-T Wall Mounted AV Component Shelving System with 2 Adjustable Tempered Glass Shelves -Bl Discount?

This unit is very sturdy if you use common sense when mounting it. Let's face it, you can't possibly think that drywall anchors will hold ANY shelving unit loaded with equipment(even if they give you the anchors with the shelf)! Seems like the biggest problem people,myself included, have is that they want to mount this unit centered below their TV and wall mounts for TV's commonly only hit 2 studs, so you can either try using drywall anchors to mount it in the center, or mount it off center so you can hit a stud. Neither of those sounded good to me so after tons of searching on Amazon, I was able to find a TV wall mount that was wide enough to hit 3 studs (GENIUS!) and thus have a stud directly centered below the TV. Try the VideoSecu Ultra Slim TV Wall Mount Fits most 37" to 63" LED LCD Plasma Flat Panel TV's, it is holding a Toshiba 55" LCD tight to the wall(1-1/4") and is also plenty strong enough as well as being reasonably priced. The shelving unit (screwed directly into the stud) is SUPER STRONG-you will break the glass shelf before you can pull it off the wall. Long and short of it, this unit is affofdable, really stylish, shelves are perfectly sized, and extruded aluminum wall mount is strong but it MUST BE MOUNTED TO A STUD. Very satisfied-was better than I expected (not made in China).

Save 50% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment