Sunday, September 7, 2014

Pine Extra Tall Cabinet Finish: White

Pine Extra Tall Cabinet Finish: WhiteI got this cabinet because it listed as real wood and was the right size. Assembly was REALLY difficult, not because of the multiple pieces, but because the pieces were warped and didn't actually fit flush. The whole piece was like a parallelgram...tweaking and leaning. Luckily I have done some building and had angle brackets and bar clamps on hand to shore it up. Still, the joints don't meet and it is uneven standing. Screwing it to the wall has certainly helped, but seriously...

Thought I'd take a chance on this cabinet as it had one favorable and one poor review. It is advertised as white, it is an off white color and doesn't quite go with our very white trim. Lucky for me, my son is in the carpentry trade as it took a bit of tweaking to make this cabinet work...it has a very flimsy piece of cardboard for its back wall, actually is two pieces held together by a strip of tape down the middle...which is what supports the frame. The piece was not only of the poorest quality, it also wasn't cut to fit properly. My son was able to cut it to fit and make it somewhat sturdier. Now that it's assembled and holding the items I wanted to store in it, it isn't bad. It looks attractive, I like the country style, just be prepared to do a little extra work to this cabinet upon assembly.

Buy Pine Extra Tall Cabinet Finish: White Now

Not as white as it looks in the picture. Wood is cheap, and instructions actually SKIP important steps (luckily, I have assembled enough Ikea stuff to be able to figure it out), items are mislabled between the intructions and actual product. Pay careful attention to the measurements and make sure they are exactly what you want, I guesstimated it to be twice the size it came out. This and another Wayfair product I ordered were extremely poor quality. After I assembled the first crAppy item, I inquired with Wayfair whether I could return the second item unopened (this item) and they responded that they would accept the return but I would be responsible for the shipping BOTH ways and they would get back to me with further details (which they did not). I kept it, assembled it, it looks decent for now but doesn't seem like it'll hold up too long, but definitely not worth almost $200!!!

Read Best Reviews of Pine Extra Tall Cabinet Finish: White Here

I like this cabinet because it adds extra storage in small spaces or limited space. I bought a home without closets and I am in desperate need of storage space. Fits where a normal cabinet is too large. Is solid wood=plus although is it thin. I put it together without too much trouble however I have had experience doing this so I already knew how to do most of the steps without reading directions. Quality is okay for the price. Dont over tighten is my caution. You want to tighten it more because it almost feels like it needs to be tightened because of the soft pine wood but dont over tighten or you will strip the holes. TIP: Doors were easy to align because I layed the cabinet flat on its back and put a box inside so the doors were laying flush/straight before screwing them inI highly recommend attaching doors in this fashion due to my experience with other cabinets that I had crooked doors from following instructions and crooked because trying to attach doors with the unit in an upright position. It is worth the $ 200 bucks I paid but not the 400. bucks that yo yo sellers are now trying to sell it for here on amazon. SCOTT PS my wife is mother hen LOL we share this account

Want Pine Extra Tall Cabinet Finish: White Discount?

We bought this item in hopes of space saving in our kitchen, big mistake. We're pretty savvy at assembling furniture so we thought we would give it a try.

For starters assembly is hell, nothing fits into the moldings without you pressing on it and the material is so shoddy you are afraid of breaking it.

After much care, we had it assembled and the darn thing fell apart. The hinges and fasteners are not strong enough to hold the weight of the material or are too strong and the "wood" cracked under the pressure. The material of the so-called wood or whatever it was came with pre-cracks in it straight from the packaging.

We just wound up requesting a refund and return it, the company did not even bother wanting it back and gave us a refund.

Best to stay away from this product and look for something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment