Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Quantum Storage 60 Bin Shelf Unit - 12in. x 36in. x 75in. Rack Size, Green

Quantum Storage 60 Bin Shelf Unit - 12in. x 36in. x 75in. Rack Size, GreenI don't know why I went so many years with nails and screws squirrelled away all over the shop. I've now got most everything organized and put into bins and I still have 10 spare bins.

First the bad news: the shelving unit must be assembled and it is a pain to put together. It required all of my manual dexterity to hold each nut on the inside of a shelf corner while threading each bolt through from the outside. It took a fair amount of patience but other than that the assembly was straight forward.

The good news: I am a Prime customer and the shipping was free. I had originally tried ordering it through the Northern Tools web site and the site concluded it needed to be shipped via truck freight since the total weight is 150 lbs. They wanted $300 to ship it! I figured it was probably in several smaller boxes so I ordered it on the Amazon site and, like I said, the shipping was free. UPS delivered it a week later in 6 boxes.

The shelving unit is made of a fairly heavy gauge steel and is plenty sturdy. The plastic bins are the right size for the fastener quantities I buy. I used 3x5 card stock cut to fit the slots on the front of each bin to label the bins. Now I can tell at a glance where to look to locate the faster I need. I am a happy camper!

Save 10% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment