Thursday, September 25, 2014

StarTech.com Black Standard Universal Server Rack Cabinet Shelf

StarTech.com Black Standard Universal Server Rack Cabinet ShelfPurchased two of these to use on a client install. Intended use was to hold audio/video equipment that couldn't be rack-mounted (i.e. stereo receivers/amplifiers, dvd recorders, TV/Monitors, etc). Holes match up perfectly with the rack, and there was no problem supporting the weight of multiple pieces of equipment on each shelf.

The depth of the shelves is perfect. Placing a stereo receiver on one shelf, I was able to line up the front of the receiver with the front of the shelf/rack rails, and the back of the shelf extended several inches past the back of the receiver. No worries about anything falling off.

These are a good buy, and I'll be buying more of them as I develop needs for them!

Product is solid and does the job of holding devices you can not mount in a rack. I have found StarTech products to be very durable, solid, and not made out of flimsy material.

Buy StarTech.com Black Standard Universal Server Rack Cabinet Shelf Now

I originally purchased 1 about 6 months ago and I purchased 2 more this week. These are good sturdy shelves that are capabable of holding a significant amount of weight. We put some rather large Adtran TSU's on them and they fit perfectly and we used another for a holding smaller non-rack mountable items such as a SOHO firewall and cable modem. The items arrived promptly and in excellent condition.

Read Best Reviews of StarTech.com Black Standard Universal Server Rack Cabinet Shelf Here

M4 bolts were sent to install on the rack but no nuts were included. When I contacted StarTech, they informed me it was an M5 bolt and graciously sent some with the appropriate nuts designed to fit in the rack holes. When I received them, the installation was easy and the rack is working well.

Want StarTech.com Black Standard Universal Server Rack Cabinet Shelf Discount?

I ordered a new Black Standard Universal Server Rack Cabinet Shelf. It was supposed to be a 1U high shelf. I received a 3U shelf with scratches on 20% of the surface that goes all the way down to bare metal. This is totally unacceptable. The item itself would be okay if it's what I ordered, but it is not. Also from studying the shipping box, I don't believe the scratches were made during shipping. My rating is directed at Amazon for the poor transaction they are responsible for.

Save 38% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment