Friday, September 19, 2014

Storage Dynamics 5-Foot Vinyl Covered Steel Over door Storage Basket Rack

Storage Dynamics 5-Foot Vinyl Covered Steel Over door Storage Basket RackThe rack is not actually a five-foot rack. It comes as two separate 2.5' racks. Two C-shaped hooks (not permanently attached to either racks) are used to hook the bottom rack to the top rack. It is like a precarious swing set that falls apart at the slightest tremor.

Also, the top rack is connected to the over-the-door hooks by draping the top rack (with its pencil-thin wire) over two wide hooks. The hooks are not snug nor attached in any way, so the entire contraption slides around on the door.

I tried to use this equipment in my pantry door to hold spices, bottles, pasta, etc. Unfortunately, it was a game every time I opened the door. I never knew what configuration the racks would take when the door opened. The only guarantee was that -no matter what misshapened form the racks took -there was bound to be something I had to immediately catch from falling.

If you don't intend to use this rack as an over-the-door rack, I think it would be useful as a set of shelves nailed into the wall. Otherwise, I do not recommend this over-the-door rack because it's highly unstable.

It works as described. It is two (2) pieces; the bottom piece is hung with hooks from the top piece.

I had about 75 videos and 15 DVD's in it. The depth isn't quite right and it will not lay flat against the door with DVD's or VHS with the big covers (like Nightmare before Christmas or the original Shrek). Still, it doesn't stick out that far and you might not even notice. The width isn't right either and you end up with just enough space on a shelf that you think you can fit another DVD in but you can't.

It is cheap, cost wise, and you get what you pay for. With that many movies in it, it is bending a little at the top using the door hangers. I think I am going to screw it into the door and that should take care of it. I do not think it will collapse or break, it is made of wire, but it does bend a little.

It is worth the money if, like me, you want something cheap to hold movies.

Bottom line, buy it, use it, and if you set your expectations at the level of the cost of the product, you will not be disappointed.

I am rating it 5 stars because it does what it says and it is worth the price it is being sold at. If it was more expensive I would lower the rating.

Buy Storage Dynamics 5-Foot Vinyl Covered Steel Over door Storage Basket Rack Now

This is an inexpensive item and I expected it to be cheap but I was pleasantly surprised. I received this item today. It was professionally wrapped for shipping and came in about six pieces. There were two racks with two wire connectors and two over the door brackets. It went together in about five seconds. I decided to get a pair of pliers and bend the wire connectors and bracked in some to make it more permanent. Since I was hanging it on a metal door and couldn't use screws to permanently attach it to the door, I took some clear strapping tape and taped it to the door where it wouldn't be seen. Finally, I took a couple of wire coat hangers and added some hooks to hang grocery bags off of the shelves.

I was pretty impressed with how much it holds. True, I wouldn't put cans of vegetables in the racks but they hold quite a bit of boxes of cereal, noodles, etc.

The optional screws would make it very sturdy in my opinion. If they made a 14" wide model, I'd order it in a second for another door. I'm pleased. It's a good product and it's fairly inexpensive.

I think this would be a good product to add storage in other rooms as well such as a bedroom closet.

Read Best Reviews of Storage Dynamics 5-Foot Vinyl Covered Steel Over door Storage Basket Rack Here

I was extremely disappointed in the quality of this hanging self. Very flimsy, bendable, and does not hold its shape. I would be afraid to hang it on the door for fear it would not hold. I mistakenly threw the receipt away otherwise I would return it. Not sure what I am going to do with it.

Want Storage Dynamics 5-Foot Vinyl Covered Steel Over door Storage Basket Rack Discount?

Junk. Save your money. I tried putting small bottles and jars on a couple of shelves, and they immediately started to bend and the hooks that go over over the door bent so badly they almost straightened, so the whole rack almost fell off the door. This useless product is made of extremely weak and flimsy metal (tin?) that will not hold anything besides a box of teabags and some ziploc bags. Home Depot has a much stronger version for $30!

Save 31% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment