Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Torrence 64"h Widescreen Tv Stand

Torrence 64'h Widescreen Tv Stand, 64.'HX53'W, DARK WALNUTMy wife and I were looking for a TV stand for our new 46" LCD TV and found this ladder style stand. We were really excited because of the unique style and planned to get the matching shelves. We received the stand in good time and we assembled it to find that one of the metal screw mounts were missing from the left A-frame. We contacted Home Decorators and they shipped us another set of A-frames.

After we received the new parts, we put the stand together fairly quickly. In the process we did manage to scuff/mark up the finish in the process, but it seems like the finish damages fairly easily. That was the first mark against this stand.

The second came when we put our TV on the stand and noticed that it bowed under the TVs weight. This was severely disappointing because the TV fits perfectly and the stand does look attractive, also because our TV doesn't weigh that much. When we purchased we hadn't noticed the previous review that mentioned the second shelf bowed under the weight of the TV Tuner and the AV Receiver. We didn't experience this problem on the second shelf because we only have a center channel speaker resting on it. So, please be warned that the top two shelves truly aren't the strongest and will bow under the weight of your AV equipment, light or modestly weighted.

We have decided to return the stand and invest the money into a nicer more sturdy stand. This stand wasn't too expensive, but for $300-$350 I was expecting much more.

But, I will say that the Home Decorators service people have been very helpful and accommodating. I will certainly consider purchasing items from them again in the future, but I will be certain that the product is solid wood opposed to veneer.

I love this tv stand. I looked for a long time for something different. I didn't want a huge entertainment center or the same tv stand everyone else has. I wanted something that was well made too. This one fit my needs to a T. It's very stylish looking, has great shelves for components as well as a top shelf to put candles or books, etc. Take a look at the dimensions too. It fits very nicely in any area, doesn't take up a lot of floor space and adds nice vertical height. I put this together by myself although it would be easier with 2 people. It's very sturdy and adds such a great look to my living room. I bought mine in black and it looks so great. This stand was also much less expensive than most I looked at and it's worth every penny. I highly recommend this product.

Buy Torrence 64"h Widescreen Tv Stand Now

This product is exactly what we were looking for. I love the vertical feel of this stand. Our 42" tv fits perfectly on it & it's sturdy. It has the perfect shelves to be able to display my decorative baskets holding dvds, etc. Ample room for numerous components, game systems, baskets, picture frames, decorative knick-knacks. It frames the tv beautifully, and I have gotten great compliments from friends/family/neighbors. The white color creates a fresh, luxe, chic feeling & is a great alternative to the typical wood color. Can't beat the sale price of $199.99 through amazon as other white tv stands I looked at were both typical (didn't have the shelf space & cheapy looking) AND ran $100-$300 more!! Great value.

Read Best Reviews of Torrence 64"h Widescreen Tv Stand Here

I purchased this TV stand to replace my old scratched up stand. I was looking for something with this style and that would match my other living room funiture. The stand that I purchased was listed as Dark Walnut but let me tell you, it looks nothing like my other living room furniture that is Dark Walnut. This stand while it is very nice, it is Cherry, maybe a brighter red cherry than normal. It does not come close to matching my dark Walnut furniture.

The assembly for the stand was straight forward. I put it together by myself in about 2 hours. The shipping cost for this product was kinda high but when it arrived I see why it was so much. You might need two people to carry the one of the two boxes that it comes in. The stand was packed very well in the boxes, which I am glad, since UPS did not take too much care with it.

The only complaints that I have with this stand are:

the color is not Dark Walnut.

With my big screen TV on the stand the middle shelf is bowing down. I am going to have to make some supports for under the middle shelf to prop it up. While the stand is quite heavily built it will need some help with the middle shelf.

Want Torrence 64"h Widescreen Tv Stand Discount?

I love this entertainment center. It was easy to assemble under 1 hour for me and my husband to put together and it looks great. I have recieved tons of compliments on it and it fits in my small living room perfect. The only reason it got 4 stars and not 5 was because it had 2 small scratches on it when it arrived and the center shelf is not reenforced. it seems to be bowing from the weight of my dvd player and cable box.

I would recommened this product to anyone looking for a unique TV console at a reasonable price

No comments:

Post a Comment