Saturday, September 6, 2014

Whitmor 6060-3436 Supreme Small 3-Tier Shelving, Chrome

Whitmor 6060-3436 Supreme Small 3-Tier Shelving, ChromeThis is a surprisingly sturdy little shelf. Pretty easy to assemble also only takes 5-10min. Shelves are adjustable (all three can be placed anywhere along the length of the poles), and the small feet at the bottom are also adjustable to ensure proper leveling. Unfortunately (echoing what another reviewer said) these are not designed to be stackable (too bad because I really would have liked that feature too).

Overall I'm happy with this shelf and my purchase, HOWEVER potential buyers should note that an essentially identical set of shelves is available at both major DIY chains (HD and Lowe's), at literally half the price (Amazon will probably delete the figures, but they were $20 at HD and Lowe's vs $40 at Amazon). I also bought the similar unit from HD, which has literally exactly the same design (there are only very minute differences), is rated/described as "commercial" (however that is defined) and is rated slightly higher on weight capacity (250 vs 200 lbs per shelf). I found the HD unit to be just slightly easier to assemble, and in my opinion they are equally sturdy and stable. Had I known these were available at HD/Lowe's at half the price, I would have just purchased them there as I have found them identical in terms of functionality.

For all of you who need only 3 shelves, this is a sturdy little shelf, and I'd buy it again.

For the rest of you: I bought a few of these for my kitchen, hoping to be able to stack them (and make a taller rack that fits perfectly in a corner space I needed to use). Whitmor customer service was spectacular in the way that they shipped me 8 couplings (for between the indivual pieces--i wanted a total of 3 sets = 9 shelves) that arrived within 2 days of me calling.

What didn't work: Apparently customer service didn't know that this was actually impossible, as both ends of each rod are not threaded. I could have, and should have, checked, but I had a set from another manufacturer and assumed this would be the same. With careful planning of the use of the little black pieces that hold each shelf, I managed to do what I wanted, but it would have been better to have the threaded coupling in there for insurance. Whitmor--please change your design.

Buy Whitmor 6060-3436 Supreme Small 3-Tier Shelving, Chrome Now

The size and picture of the item to determine if if was the same as the ones I already own was very important. This shelving is very versatile as it is adjustable and easy to install. Also easy tear down for moving or storage purposes. Excellent item for small spaces.

Read Best Reviews of Whitmor 6060-3436 Supreme Small 3-Tier Shelving, Chrome Here

I needed something for extra storage in my small kitchen and this little stand works very well. The "see through" stand seems to take up less room than it actually does and yet holds a lot of things. The directions could be a little better but that's often the case and I figured them out and put it together quickly. I am very pleased with the quality.

Want Whitmor 6060-3436 Supreme Small 3-Tier Shelving, Chrome Discount?

This is a sturdy little unit that was so easy to put together even a child could do it! It serves our purpose perfectly, and supports quite a lot of weight (canned goods) comfortably.

Save 6% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment