Saturday, September 6, 2014

HyLoft 80842-10 Ceiling Storage Kit

HyLoft 80842-10 Ceiling Storage KitI bought 4 of these (2 sets) to store my obnoxiously large stock of scrap trim lumber.

Pros

Very sturdy design. Will easily support any amount of lumber I shove up there. Not as much wiggle, side to side\front to back as I've seen in similar products.

value Good price for as stout as these are.

Cons

The only place I would ding this product is the install guide. It tells you to attach the end pieces to the joists first and then assemble by connecting the remaining four pieces. Unless you are very precise with your meansurements, you'll be out or square (requiring you to twist the final assembly to join the pieces) and while the width is adjustable, the holes are 1" apart meaning you'll likely have to bend the unit a little to align the holes. Instead, I recommend attaching one end leaving the lag screws loose (about 1" protruding from the joist), assemble the unit, put the other end up to the joist, mark the holes, pre-drill and screw in.

I needed a storage solution for spare lumber that was leaning against the walls in my garage. This was it. I purchased two pair and plan to order a third. They're easy to install, very sturdy and the adjustable height and width make them a fit for almost any space. Thanks HyLoft! You've done it again.

Buy HyLoft 80842-10 Ceiling Storage Kit Now

Several pieces arrived with small amounts of rust. Easy enough to hang and put together. I don't think I'd buy it again.

Read Best Reviews of HyLoft 80842-10 Ceiling Storage Kit Here

This product is just what I need to suspend my three-piece kayak in my gargage for winter storage. I ordered four sets of them. The first one took a little to put together and installed on my gargage ceiling, but after that it is easy. I most difficult part in the installation is locating the joist and aligning the brackets correctly.

Want HyLoft 80842-10 Ceiling Storage Kit Discount?

The product wasn't as sturdy as I had expected, all pieces went together ok, but when fully assembled it didn't feel very solid. I wouldn't put 200 lbs as advertised on it?

Save 50% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment