Saturday, October 18, 2014

Home Styles 5003-94 Kitchen Island, Black and Distressed Oak Finish

Home Styles 5003-94 Kitchen Island, Black and Distressed Oak FinishIsland looks great, is easy to put together. We had it set up for 2 days and the first guests who sat down to eat, leaned their elbows on the table flap and it fell apart. Everything about the table we love, but the one piece that so obviously needs to be of sturdy construction is held up with tiny 1/4 inch wood screws, a flimsy hinge and poor design. Once somone puts the slightest amount of weight on the table flap the screws rip out of the wood and the hinges bend to a useless shape. We are so disappointed in this piece that I would not recommend it to anyone, unless you never plan to put the flap up and use it as a table.

If you have patience, I'm sure one person could manage the construction of this island w/ some effort. I would have likely needed help, considering I'm a 5' tall chick. ...My boyfriend, thankfully, is VERY handy, and he did it all himself after I dragged the boxes in from the front door. He had this bugger together in less than an hour, all on his own. --He usually hates when I order things online, but he could not stop commenting on how well constructed the pieces were (real wood), and how easy this was to put together.

Aside from the high price tag, I decided it was worth it, and have admired it more and more over time.

I'm uncertain what problems people may have had with assembly or construction with the 'leaf' falling down on them (I almost did NOT order this product due to those reviews), but I've had several young children, adults, construction workers, and my lazy-self all leaning up against the leaf, and it holds just fine...real wood and all. Just make sure you 'secure' the holders for it, and we've had no troubles at all.

Everyone comments that it looks like it was built especially for my kitchen, but I know I can take it with me if ever I move. The extra storage is WAY a god-send, and the quality of the wood and pieces are the best I've seen in stores OR in 'self-assembly' furniture.

Buy Home Styles 5003-94 Kitchen Island, Black and Distressed Oak Finish Now

Well I never give a 5 rating, so that being said...I thought my husband was either going to kill my sons who were helping him or have a heart attack from frustration. However, I don't think anything solid should beTHAT easy...now that its together, took a little over two hours but he's a perfectionist, it looks great, heavy, solid, long overdo in my kitchen. I had read a review that the bar stools suggested with it were too high at 29 in., but I ordered them and I'm 5'8 so I have long legs and am not tiny but there is more than enough room to sit right under the leaf with several inches of room. Very comfortable. We actually ordered 3 stools and though only two fit under the leaf, its still comfortable to place a stool on the ends for more seating. I was also concerned from the picture that the holes for the adjustable shelves would be an eyesore but I don't even notice them. Now I just have to decide how I'm going to use the extra storage. Highly recommend.

Read Best Reviews of Home Styles 5003-94 Kitchen Island, Black and Distressed Oak Finish Here

Great piece of furniture! We love it. Although the saddle stools that were recommended are too high for the breakfast bar. The 24' saddle stools would be a much better height.

Want Home Styles 5003-94 Kitchen Island, Black and Distressed Oak Finish Discount?

This island came quickly after we ordered it via FedEx. The product was well package and not damaged during shipping. Initially the assembly was a challenge. Following the assembly instructions to assembly the back while it was lying flat did not work. You cannot lift the back for the next step of attaching it to the base. The solution was to begin the assembly with the back in the vertical mode and attach it to the base piece by piece. This works. Next the holes to attach the top to the body did not line up. I had to put in a different screw for one hole out of four. The screws attaching the leaf were smaller that those used on the other side of the hinge. I went and got a larger screw for this hinge. I used #6-1/2 screws to make a stronger joint. Also add a little oil to the hinges for smooth action.

Save 36% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment