Thursday, October 23, 2014

New Visions by Lane 394-022 Kitchen Island, White and Maple

New Visions by Lane 394-022 Kitchen Island, White and MapleThis kitchen cabinet really met our expectations.

The size is decent and the price is awesome. I saw the same product on a different website for around 50 more dollars.

Just bare in mind: the cabinet doesn't have shelves inside. It's a large open space.

My husband put it together in around an hour and he says that the quality of the material is not too bad.

I would def. recommend this.

The good;

Reasonable size, low price, free shipping, has drawer and cabinet plus shelves. Drawer slides are decent quality.

The bad:

I am an engineer and I found the assembly directions at times confusing and in one case incorrect. (The drawer's slides attach from underneath not from the side as shown.) And, I had to mark and drill new holes to lower the drawer slides inside the cabinet by 1/8 inch to avoid it rubbing against the top when it closed.

Could have been better:

The cabinet could have used an adjustable shelf inside. The top surface could have been made from a thicker material.

Overall:

For the money not bad. But not great either.

Buy New Visions by Lane 394-022 Kitchen Island, White and Maple Now

New Visions by Lane 394-022 Kitchen Island, White and Maple

This island looks good, but the "laminate" is a thin plastic film that can easily be cut or melted. The second day I had it, the plastic started coming off. It no longer looks good. I think you should make customers aware of this.

Read Best Reviews of New Visions by Lane 394-022 Kitchen Island, White and Maple Here

I was looking for an island with a drawer that was large enough to cut on and use to prep a meal. And since I was buying all the furniture for the new house, I needed it to be cheap. It is functional and cheap. The size is great and it is nice to have a drawer.

Putting this thing together was very difficult. It was a 2-day process. AND the pieces did not fit in place well. The drawer bumps the counter everytime you push it back in. The cupboard bumps the drawer when you close it. And the sidewall on the cupboard end did not fit snuggly together so there is a bit of space between it and the back of the cupboard.

It looks alright in the kitchen, but the back is not attractive at all. There were a few dings in it when it arrived, but again I bought it for function. And the counter has some spots where it looks like the laminate was repaired. Note: do not put hot things on the counter. I did accidently and there is now a bit of evidence of that.

I would buy this product again just because the price was right and it serves it's function as a temporary island. If I wanted something to stick around for a long time, I would not purchase this product again, but spring for a higher priced-higher quality product.

Want New Visions by Lane 394-022 Kitchen Island, White and Maple Discount?

I am very pleased with this purchase, the directions were very clear and it went together in no time at all. There's lots of storage room and it fits nicely right beside the window. I'll pry glue 4 wooden blocks inside the bottom corners and put it on wheels for convenience rolling it around, but it's great just the way it is!

Save 22% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment