Friday, October 10, 2014

Whitmor Supreme Stacking Shelf, Chrome

Whitmor 6054-585 Supreme Wide Stacking Shelf, ChromeIt looks nice, assembles quickly, and for low weight uses (toiletries, shoes, kitchen items) this shelf will probably do fine, but I bought it as a desktop computer stand and it is too weak for that or any other heavy objects.

If you put any significant weight on it, you will see the metal start to bow immediately. When placed on the shelf, my computer will rock back and forth after a light touch. The computer is nowhere near the stated 200 lbs. load capacity, and even just pressing down with my hands made the sides of the shelf start to bow. While the flex in the metal will decrease noise due to vibration I'm going to find a stronger replacement and move this to a closet or something....

I bought some of these to make shelving in a storage area and was pleasantly surprised by how easy these are to stack together with no tools. My stack was sturdy, the shelves are adjustable, and I had no problem with any sharp edges. I was concerned about ordering from Target, as I have read MANY reviews complaining about their items being damaged in shipment, but all of these units arrived safely, each in its own box. I would gladly purchase these again.

Buy Whitmor Supreme Stacking Shelf, Chrome Now

I think this product is an excellent value. It's plenty sturdy enough for the size (meaning it would be tough to put something on it too heavy since it's not very big). It's doing an excellent job for the situation I bought it for.

Read Best Reviews of Whitmor Supreme Stacking Shelf, Chrome Here

I bought this shelf because I was looking for something to place potted plants on that wouldn't fit on regular plant stands (long rectangular pots and round 12-14"). Shelf construction is incredibly easy and only takes about five minutes. Like other reviewers, I found that the shelf dips a little in the center, but it isn't enough to be a problem, and it will definitely support the 200 pound limit it's designed for. The price for this product is just right and it's turning out to be a perfect solution to my plant stand problem.

Want Whitmor Supreme Stacking Shelf, Chrome Discount?

If you're looking for sturdy, stable, functional shelving, these are perfect. I needed to better organize craft supplies so purchased 1 small and 2 large units. They are easy to assemble and stack very securely with adjustable height options. SO glad I found these!

Save 33% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment