It arrived quickly in a VERY heavy box. I soon discovered why so heavy! The packing materials are outstanding.. The wooden pieces all arrived in perfect condition. Outstanding shipping box. The only complaint was the Styrofoam material was smashed (protected the wood) and it was coming apart in a million Styrofoam balls. I just kept my shop vac close and kept it cleared...
Building the unit to a while. However I took my time. I used clear silicone on the dowels and fittings (instead of the supplied glue).
It went together well and is very strong... Looks like a piece of very nice furniture.
Can't beat it for the price.Assembled it in about 2 hours. Looks nice and our TV fits on top perfectly. Had to substitute my Gorilla glue for the enclosed glue bottle because it had hardened in the bottle (minus half a star). Be careful following the instructions or you can get things backwards or upside down (minus half a star).Perfect for my needs. Assembly was very simple, a one person jobhowever, the styrofoam mess was rediculous...it was stuck on EVERYTHING, even the insides of the instruction sheets. I truely spent 3X's as much time cleaning and prepping as it took me to assemble it. That aside, I am very happy with this console. Quality looking piece, doors slide nicely and are easily removed by spring locks on the tops (for arranging components and such). (Side noteif you have toddlers, simply leave the glass doors off for now, it looks nice without them). Its sturdy, in the way that it doesnt wobble and I have no fear of my TV having enough support. However I do recommend being careful when moving/rearranging it....it definently bends to the stress. The 60" length leaves PLENTY of room for all our components and video game systems (I have 7 plus a 18" basket for controller storage) and the glass does not interfere with the RF remote signals getting through. And I was so happy that the color of the wood was as shown-Cherry. It goes perfectly with my coffee table. Very glad I purchased this.I bought this unit to to sit under my flat screen that is hanging on the wall. It has nice space to hold all my electronics, is well made, and looks great. I was worried it might look cheep or be flimsy. It is neither one of those. It looks great with a solid wood top and is very well constructed. The doors are on steel wheels and track that guide smoothly. Unit went together easily. Very nice unit for the quality and price.


No comments:
Post a Comment