Thursday, October 31, 2013

Rev-A-Shelf 5CW2-1222-CR Two-tier Cookware Organizer - Metal-Chrome

Rev-A-Shelf 5CW2-1222-CR Two-tier Cookware Organizer - Metal-ChromeIn the lower section, there are plastic pieces that attach the upright pan guides to the front to rear rails.

These plastic pieces fail. They will fail. The sides of the mouth that snaps onto the front to rear rails will break off.

Once these are broken, of course the upright guide will no longer stay in place.

As to an organizer design, this is excellent layout and utility.

As to execution of the construction of the upright to rail joiner, this is an outright failure.

Rev-A-Shelf, fix this problem.

Make these joiners out of metal, or some really tough plastic.. probably metal would be better.

Just what the doctor ordered. No more standing on my head, digging in shifting piles of cookware. A little tricky to install though. The instructions say you only need a ruler and a phillips head screw driver, but an electric drill to drill pilot holes in the cabinet makes it a lot easier. Also, you need to practically crawl inside the cabinet to get the back set of screws in. Pretty sweet once it's in. Nice chrome finish and seems really well made. Quite sturdy and has adjustable dividers to accommodate different sized pieces of cookware. Ships from a third party vendor. The shipping charge was kind of a gauge, but it came in just a few days. Overall, worth it.

Buy Rev-A-Shelf 5CW2-1222-CR Two-tier Cookware Organizer - Metal-Chrome Now

I've had this rack for four years, and I agree with everyone as far as the plastic clips go. If you're careful and make sure the pots and pans are properly stowed so the handles don't catch when you close the slide, you'll be fine. Accidents happen, and I've had three clips snap off. Spare clips are not listed on the manufacture's website, so I've written them asking if the can provide them. I'm hoping they can, since this rack is otherwise perfect and I'd really like to keep it forever. UPDATE Rev-A-Shelf has GREAT customer service. They do have replacement clips. Up to a five star rating from me.

Read Best Reviews of Rev-A-Shelf 5CW2-1222-CR Two-tier Cookware Organizer - Metal-Chrome Here

I agree with one of the other reviewers. The plastic clips on the bottom broke off of ours and now it's useless. Really tough to find parts for to...try buying two plastic clips? You basically have to buy a whole new system. The upper rack that holds the lids is fine, no problems there at all. Definately a design flaw with the clips on the bottom though. Great idea, but it's a waste of cash until problem is corrected.

Want Rev-A-Shelf 5CW2-1222-CR Two-tier Cookware Organizer - Metal-Chrome Discount?

I purchase two of these units and installed them under my stove. Installation was easy but I had a problem with the right unit because the back brace conflicted with the gas connection and the electric flexible wiring cover. SO, I just didn't install the back brace on the right unit. Even without the back brace (which attaches the unit to the back wall of the cabinet), the double-tier unit is still solid and works flawlessly.

My cabinet openings are 13" which is an odd size. The two-tier units are 11", 15" or 22". I used the 11" system and I have some extra space in-between the units that can't be used because I installed the units toward the "outside walls" of the cabinet. Next time I install a set of these, I will install them along side the center divider and leave the space between the outer cabinet walls and the units for storing cookie sheets and other thin and odd-shaped cookware.

The only issue I have is with the dividers that have very tight hard nylon connectors that snap to the basket frame. They are VERY difficult to snap in place, and if you get them in the wrong place, it is hard to get them loose. While this is a royal pain in the (bleep), it can also be a plus because it keeps the dividers in place and keeps your cookware standing upright.

I love my units so much I purchased two for my son and his wife. They love them too!

Nothing feels better than getting rid of the clutter and being organized! The Rev-A-Shelf systems are wonderful for this task.

Save 72% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment