Friday, November 8, 2013

Grayline 410248, Deluxe Back of Door/Wall Storage System, White

Grayline 410248, Deluxe Back of Door/Wall Storage System, WhiteI was a bit skeptical after reading some of the other reviews, but I don't find the unit either "weak or skimpy" in construction. It isn't designed to hold multiple pounds of canned goods or anything, it is for lighter weight items that take up space in your cupboard, like noodles, split peas, boxed dinners, and yes; even Ramen noodles (I still like the dang things even if I am in my 60s).

With those out of your cupboard, there is room in there for the "heavy" stuff, which is where it should be really. In an apartment like mine there is a small pantry (four shelves) in addition to the normal cupboards in the kitchen, but I have to use the little pantry for both extra grocery items and all my towels and linens, paper goods, first aid stuff and laundry supplies.

As to those who had difficulty attaching the unit to the door, I can only assume you used a power screw driver or something. I drilled out small pilot holes, and very carefully attached the wood screws by hand taking care not to "strip" the thin holes in the wood. No biggie, and it is anchored quite nicely.

I gave the unit a five star rating since it does what it says it will, and if the new owner takes a bit of time to "puzzle out" the problems others had, it fulfills its design for creating a bit more "extra" shelf space in small apartments and such.

Clint.

Not much to say here. This items seems like it would be a little flimsy, but after installing and loading with stuff, it's well made, easy to build (took about 10 minutes) and is solid! For the price, I don't there there is a better one out there. Sure, you can spend $100 + and do one of the custom build ones, but who want's to do that!! :)

Buy Grayline 410248, Deluxe Back of Door/Wall Storage System, White Now

I purchased this item to use as a holder for gift wrap and ribbons in my upstairs closet. It works well for what I intended though I would prefer it be one section rather than two. The lower part tends to swing when the door is opened, causing the contents to tumble out. In fairness, it was not meant for gift wrap so I can't really complain, and it could be stabilized by attaching to the door with screws but I prefer not to damage the door that way. I use the upper (smaller) shelves for rolls of ribbon, and I turned one of the baskets upside down at a height that would accommodate rolls of wrapping paper. The only drawback (and the reason some fall out) is the varying width of the rolls I could only lower it to the standing height of the tallest one. Still, it makes a great space saver as I was able to get rid of the boxes on the floor that were holding all of this. I imagine it would be an excellent space saver in the pantry (as intended) or even a closet to hold small items such as kids' shoes, adults' belts, ties, jewelry boxes, etc. Definitely a must have.

Read Best Reviews of Grayline 410248, Deluxe Back of Door/Wall Storage System, White Here

After reading some of the negative reviews, I was a little skeptical to buy, but I needed somethng less than 19" wide to fit in my RV. When it arrived I realized what others were saying about the back being in two separate pieces and how it could swing and sway when opening the door. The baskets are adjustable so you can put them anywhere you'd like. I decided to hang one basket right in the center where the two back parts connect and it really did the trick to keep things secure. The box did come with screws, but I did not want to damage my door. All I did what was put 2 pieces of double sided sticky tape at the bottom corners and is perfect! The shelves though are not meant for heavy items. I use it for spices, popcorn, baggies, tin foil, etc. I am glad I bought it.

Want Grayline 410248, Deluxe Back of Door/Wall Storage System, White Discount?

This rack is well made and sturdy. It swayed when first hung up, but added a couple of anchors at the bottom corners, so that's no longer an issue. It's perfect for storing all of my baking supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment