Saturday, November 23, 2013

Guidecraft 3 - shelf Bookcase

Guidecraft 3 - shelf BookcaseWhen I bought this but still hadn't received it I sent an e-mail to Guidecraft asking about the use of formaldehyde and off-gassing in this bookcase. This was their response:

"All Plywood have a small percent of formaldehyde in them, I have never had any complaints on this item for off-gassing. It does pass all ASTM F963 Safety standards. I hope this helps."

We recently received the box and it sat unopened in our living room for two weeks until my husband had an opportunity to put this together. We finally did this past weekend and it STANK! My husband was surprised I ordered this and I was surprised this smelled so awful based on the response I received. We plan on leaving it outside in the living room with the windows open during the day to allow it to stop smelling but am not sure when I will feel comfortable in putting this bookcase in my 2 1/2 year olds bedroom.

Otherwise, it's the perfect color, size, height and depth and nice looking as well.

I like how this shelf is hardwood (birch) plywood rather than laminate. I have another shelf by guidecraft so I took a chance and got this one even though there were no reviews. It's smooth and looks nice and is wonderfully affordable (I bought it on sale $108.45) compared to the price of solid wood bookcases. I expect it to be around in my house for a long time so I'm happy that I got something that looks good. Just a note, it says in the description that one shelf is adjustable, two fixed. I have no idea what they are talking about. They are all screwed in with no other options of where to put them. Considering I have wanted more shelving for years and I was happy with this (and it is still on sale) I have now ordered a second.

Buy Guidecraft 3 - shelf Bookcase Now

No comments:

Post a Comment