Thursday, November 28, 2013

TV Stand w/ Removable Mount - Dark Brown

WE Furniture 42-Inch 4-in-1 TV Stand with Removable Mount, Espresso/BlackI bought this for our new 65" Vizio in the man cave. I know it says 60", I'll get to that...

Assembly was straight forward, plenty of parts. Took around an hour for my husband an I to assemble it. We had planned to use the back stand as we didn't want to hassle with drilling the wall. The holes in the 65" are the same as the 60" and since the new TV was under the weight requirement we thought we'd try it. The back stand is too short we could not get the TV straight on the mount. We then took our 60" off the wall in the living room and decided to trade TV spots, while the 60" would get on the stand it was literally a quarter inch off the glass making the top shelf null and leaving the TV too low to the ground for our taste.

No biggie, we returned the 60" to it's wall and used the mounting supplies included to mount the 65" to the wall. All is well at our home although it is not the way we were hoping it would be.

It is a sturdy and attractive table.

I recently bought the 60" version of this product. I have to say, after reading the glowing reviews about this TV stand on this and other sites, I was rather looking forward to getting a masterpiece of entertainment furniture.

The result wasn't quite up to my expectations.

In all fairness, the first glitch wasn't due to the furniture itself; the box that arrived was fairly trashed, held together with packing tape and with more than a couple holes. I guess this had a rough cross-country transit. Many of the bits of hardware needed for assembly were strewn about inside of the box. Fortunately, after a bit of searching and inventory checking, it seems as if nothing was lost; I had everything I needed to put the stand together, and none of the furniture pieces were damaged.

One plus was the staggering array of screws and bolts that came with this. Not only was there extra of the hardware needed to assemble the stand, but there was pretty much every type of mounting screw and piece you could want, with extras of those too. They appear to have planned for every possible need.

Assembly was reasonably straightforward. The directions were fairly easy to follow, and the assembly parts were all labelled; even the screws were placed in numbered bins for ease in identification. However, that's not to say it went off without a hitch. Some of the screw-holes (especially in the wood) didn't seem to be drilled in straight, ultimately requiring some force in order to get some of the pieces to line up correctly. There's even a part in the instructions that states that some screws that were tightened earlier might have to be loosened temporarily in order to get other pieces to line up; not a good sign. Additionally, one of the screw-holes in the metal was unthreaded; I had to run over to the hardware store and get a metal tap to thread it myself before I could complete the assembly. All told, it took me and a helper four hours to get the thing together.

With the assembly completed, I easily attached the included mounting brackets to the back of my TV, and with a lot of help (it's a 90 pound plasma TV) managed to get it 'hung' onto the mount point on the spine of the stand. Some tightening of screws later and the TV is all ready to go. I definitely like that the mount has both tilt and swivel capability; one of the main reasons why I went with this stand.

Once I had the TV attached, I noticed some 'bowing' of the metal spine. This worries me; from the information I have, the mount on the stand should be able to support well over 100 pounds, and the TV weighs only 90. And yet the spine is bent forward a little bit, like it's having trouble holding up that amount of weight. This slanting also translates to the rest of the stand; looking at the wooden front closely, the top part juts out slightly farther than the bottom. It seems stable enough that I don't anticipate the stand breaking, but I'm still slightly concerned that one day I'll come home to a living room covered in glass fragments.

Overall, I'm pretty underwhelmed by this purchase. I guess I had expected something a little more sturdy and precision-made. But considering how much time and money went into getting it this far, I can't see myself returning it. I will, however, be wary of buying this particular brand again.

Buy TV Stand w/ Removable Mount - Dark Brown Now

I am very satisfied with this TV stand. Assembly was easy and went together in about an hour including mounting the TV. Additionally, unlike many self-assembly products, this came with extra screws/nuts/etc, and also comes with all the hardware for wall-mounting if that's your preferred method. I also like the adjustable mount which swivels in both directions and has an easy method to lock in place. Aside from the front section which is wood, the rest of the stand is metal making it very sturdy. I was unable to find any ratings about what the shelves actually hold but I did put a 65 lb UPS on the top shelf which is thicker than the other two shelves and it's holding up fine. The cable management is ehh, it works pretty well but it's hard to manage a lot of cables. If you want to make it look good in the back you'll definitely need cable ties or something extra, but it does a good job of giving the appearance of a clean look from the front. I also appreciate how the TV mounts do not interfere with the connections on the TV, which I've had trouble with from other mounts.

Read Best Reviews of TV Stand w/ Removable Mount - Dark Brown Here

Unit went together just fine. Every thing was in great shape and unit looks fantastic. Price was competetive for this brand and style. I like the way it hides all of the wires and cables.

Happy with purchase.

Want TV Stand w/ Removable Mount - Dark Brown Discount?

I'm a heck of a critic but even us critics have to give credit where credit is due. Purchased this item just a day ago & rec'd it today expedited shippg w/o the expedited shippg price! Its pictures while fine simply does this item little justice believe me; its simply beautiful! Elegant w/o the elegant price tag. Not just is this a beautiful piece but it serves its purpose very well not flimsy in any way (as some stands tend to be) very sturdy. Assembly relatively easy. Instructions at first glance appear somewhat intimidating hard to identify specific hardware and smaller illustrations however the company's website provides a downloadable version. This enabled me to follow along just fine. Had a question and was able to reach customer svc immediately another plus! I would highly recommend this product and company (Walker Edison) to anyone looking for great furniture with superb craftsmanship. Fairly new to Amazon but they are now my first choice for any item I am in search of. Prices tend to be the lowest around and I feel confident having Amazon serve as the middleman between me and this great big ol' world of retail. Others should take notes! P.S. I do not work for nor am I an affiliate of either company! lol ...

Save 37% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment