Friday, December 13, 2013

Chadko Plastic Shelf Inlays - 18 x 48 Black

Chadko Plastic Shelf Inlays - 18 x 48 BlackWe had a large set of shelves that we used to hold our TV and other miscellaneous items.. until we had a baby! Then it turned into a bookshelf & toy shelf. The books & toys would slip through the shelves, so we purchased a few of these shelf inlays and VOILA! Instant book shelf & toy shelf. We had previously tried one of the thinner, clear plastic shelf liners, but it was entirely too thin. These inlays are sturdy and hold up to our toddler. I wouldn't, however, but a 200 lb TV on them. I'm pretty sure they are particle board with some type of plastic laminate covering, but they definitely hold up well for our needs (books, toys, things slammed against them, water & milk dripped on them, etc). They are a little bit flexible when you are holding them up in the air, but once you put them down on the shelf, they are solid. I am planning on buying more for our office shelves.

RipOff is the only word needed to decribe this product. The title says it is plastic, but it is nothing but a cheap cardboard that is less sturdy than the cardboard box it is shipped in. The add reads like you are getting more than one for the price, which I figured was 5 becouse there are 5 shelves on the stand it is made for, but that price of $18.69 is for one only, and with the shipping charges of $14.99 that brings your total to a grand total of $33.68 for something that is worth less than the box it was shipped in. I'v been Rip-off'd in the past ordering over the internet, that is just the risk you take buying sight unseen other than a picture, but I have to say this makes the top of the list for me. I would send it back, but that would cost me another $9.60 in shipping to get $9.09 back ! I guess looking on the brighter side I do have a pattern to cut the box up for another two inlet liners.

Buy Chadko Plastic Shelf Inlays - 18 x 48 Black Now

No comments:

Post a Comment