Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Folding Piper Bakers Rack - Black

Folding Piper Bakers Rack Four Shelves - BlackI recently had my deck renovated and did not want a lot of planters messing up the new waterproof surface. Although I had already seen this item on Amazon I thought I would prefer to see a plant rack in person before purchasing it. I drove all over West Los Angeles but I could not find anything that came close to this unit. So I ordered it and was told it would be delivered around mid-November. I really didn't want to wait that long but what choice did I have? Today, November 2, the doorbell rang and it was the UPS guy with my bakers rack!

It is just perfect. The black metal finish matches my patio table and chairs (and my security door leading out to the deck) which is why I was not interested in anything I had seen in a green finish.

First of all, as soon as I took the unit out of the package it practically set itself up. No loose parts, it merely unfolds and hey presto, you have a plant stand. It is very sturdy but not too heavy for me to move around myself. I am glad I bought the three-shelf unit rather than the four as my geraniums are all taller than I realized.

As soon as I put my plants on the shelves I walked back into my office and ordered two more of these racks. Now I can't wait to see that UPS truck in the street!

UPDATE:

As of July 29, 2012 I now own five of these units. However, I see the price now is at $149.00 I bought mine at $112.00 and $122.00 and they are worth that much. I did have two small problems. One of the racks arrived with a bent cantilever that holds the shelf. But with a few taps with the hammer I was able to straighten it out and now it is fine. Also one of the back legs was bent about five degrees. I could have straightened that out with a hammer too but it did not affect the stability so I didn't bother. Also, the coating on the last one I received was spotty in some places but not serious enough to return.

I still love these racks, they are perfect for me and I get a lot of compliments on the way they show off all my geraniums.

For what I needed these were fine. I am using them to display product in trade shows and I expect them to get a bit beat up. However, they arrived a little on the rough side. I ordered 3 in total and 2 arrived bent just enough to be noticeable and at one point difficult to open. I was able to sort of bend back into place enough to work. The boxes they arrived in were intact, so I do not think this took place in shipping.

Buy Folding Piper Bakers Rack - Black Now

In the picture provided, this Folding Rack appeared to be exactly what I was looking for to display my shade loving potted plants on my front porch in Florida. Actually, this is the first time I have not been pleased with a purchase from Amazon. The flimsy cardboard box used to ship them allowed for them to get bent so badly that I had to have a strong man with the use of vise grips and a hammer to bend it enough so it could be used. Not all of the surface received paint in the manufacturing process and therefore will rust unless I apply some rust preventative paint. I ordered two of these racks and would have inquired about returning them had there not been personal time constraints. For price, these racks are not a good buy. Considering the damage and poor quality, $40 or less would be a reasonable and fair price.

Read Best Reviews of Folding Piper Bakers Rack - Black Here

We were pleased with this item. For the price one would not necessarily expect the sturdiness of this rack. It folds up nicely and is compact for its height. It would be a simple yet mildly elegant addition to anyone's patio. Lovely to put plants or candles on, or just a nice way to un-clutter an area. Did have to bend back slightly a couple of the hooks to open it when it first arrived. Be careful not to pry too far as these are the same hooks that hold the shelves when the unit is fully deployed.

Want Folding Piper Bakers Rack - Black Discount?

I very much like the quality and ease of setup for the plant stand. It literally goes from box to patio--ready to use-in a minute. The only thing I would like to change is the height. I would like it to be taller with more room between the shelves. I may be using pots that are too large...Anyway, the quality is very sturdy and I think it will last several years before it needs replacement.

Save 54% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment