Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Wheat Oak Seven Shelf Bookcase 84"H

Kathy Ireland Home by Martin Furniture Huntington Oxford 7-Shelf 84'H Wood Bookcase in BurnishMy daughter needed sturdy bookcases for heavy medical books. We selected two of the tallest model of these bookcases. She was able to load the shelves with heavy books, without visible sagging at least not in four months. I liked them so well, I ordered three more for my office. I have loaded some shelves heavily, and they are fine.

I like the style. They look good for moderately priced units. The facing on the shelves give an upgraded look. The backs are not heavy material, but don't need to be, since they are generally not seen.

One feature we liked is the ability to order this bookcase in the tall height of 84 inches. Many others are available only to 72 inched. The shelves also are deeper, to accommodate more large books.

They took a while to arrive, between order processing time and delivery time via a freight company, so be sure you can wait for about two weeks. Two units were packed into the same crate, so it was heavy to handle. We had no trouble unpacking them and getting them in place, but I would recommend that two people participate. There was an odor like paint or construction material for several days, pretty strong at first. If possible, give yourself a way to air out the space at first.

I like these units, and would order more if I need them.

Save 34% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment